BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got this cross-posted in a couple of other forums, so if it looks familiar - it is.

Firstly, a thousand pardons if I picked the wrong place to post this and, hopefully, a Mod will put it in its proper place.

Now to the topic at hand:
I've just recently relocated to the Seattle, WA area from SoCA.
Both my auto and M/C policies will expire in about 8 weeks and my CA policies won't "transfer" to WA state so I have to do some shopping.....:cry

My 2009 R1200RT currently is insured with Progressive with some killer coverages for some killer rates (about $850/yr).
I'm starting to investigate Insurance Companies up here and I'm getting quotes that are all over the map, some of the pricing being blamed on the fact that I am "technically" in the Seattle Metro area by virtue of my ZIP Code.
I'll accept that as "splitting hairs" but a duplicate of my CA policy by Progressive here in WA is almost DOUBLE !! :jawdrop

I want to know from you WA members who you have your pride & joy insured with and have you ever had any claims with them ??
I'm in the Auto Body/Collision Repair business and the way some of the major players up here handle vehicle repairs would make your skin crawl....they'll kill someone one day and all they're concerned about is saving a buck.
I spoke with the service department at one dealer for a recommendation and he told me that Progressive held up a repair for 6 weeks as they saved $40 having a piece of tupperware painted instead of replaced.
I've never been in the military so trying to sell me on USAA is out of the equation.

I want to know the good and the bad experiences, so I can make an informed decision when I plunk down my hard earned dollars for a new policy.

Thanks in advance :D
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
Bruce,
Welcome to the PNW. Hope you brought your Gore-Tex. :D

I live just outside of Enumclaw, WA, about an hours drive southeast of Seattle. I insure my 2007 K1200LT with Progressive. I've never had a claim and my premium is $277 per year for full coverage.

When I moved to the Seattle area in 2002 (I was living in Kirkland when I first moved here), Progressive was far and away the best value in insurance for the bike and their premiums at that time were 50% of what everyone else was charging.

·
THE Democracy Doctor
5,694 Posts
Turkus said:
....My 2009 R1200RT currently is insured with Progressive with some killer coverages for some killer rates (about $850/yr).....
WOW! :eek: Why so much, Bruce? :confused: When I had my GT, I had Progressive at less than half what you're paying--in an EXPENSIVE LA zip code, even.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Check with the BMW dealer RideWest. They have great prices on bike insurance. I could not beat it anywhere. Worth a call for a quote. beech

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Need more cycles to get multiple bike discount.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts