BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About three weeks ago I found out how to reset my Radio from the HOW. I also had a problem with the reverse not staying engaged, backs up stops, press the button again backups stops.

So today after reading about just about everything about the reverse function during the last few long winter months. I decided it was time to take the tupperware off ( first time ) on the rigth side to locate the reverse speed sensor and it's connector.

Removed the right side and used tips on creating a screw holder, I used a carboard cut out using the forms I found in the files section. Located the connector for the speed sensor, it was right where you guys said it would be next to the bleed screw for the clutch. (yup found that also) I opened up the connector and reseated a couple times.

Reverse is FIXED :dance:

I really appreciate all the pointers I found here on what to try, I know you guys have saved me a couple hundred on this fix alone.

Now on to bleeding clutch, brakes and anything else needed.

Thanks guys!! :wave

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,170 Posts
Just like the American Express card ad says: Membership has its privileges! ;)
Glad you fixed that pesky reverse issue.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Nice bike, the Tupperware is intimidating the first time. I had TWO bags of screws the first time... :D
The members here are great as well.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
This forum is awesome in that regard. I had a member trade me the tire and wheel off his bike when I had a flat last year. The tire is excellent. But he was going to replace it soon. He even changed it for me when we got the bike to his house.

I hope to be able to repay or pay that forward myself someday.

Randy

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,601 Posts
haughty said:
Nice bike, the Tupperware is intimidating the first time. I had TWO bags of screws the first time... :D
The members here are great as well.
And Only ONE bag left over when you were done right !! :histerica

1 - 5 of 5 Posts