BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys
I have a 2008 K1200LT just bought a Garmin Nuvi 550 ,,works great in my truck ,,It did not come with motorcycle mounts or the plugs,,well what I want to do is ;; I will figure out how to mount it to my bike I just need info how or is there a wiring connector between the motorcycle wiring harness and this nuvi 550 ,,so what I want is a adapter ??? I don't want to get down into rewiring it to the motorcycle just use the wire that is there...Any good Ideas !!!
Thanks Mark

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
motogpnut said:
Hi Guys
I have a 2008 K1200LT just bought a Garmin Nuvi 550 ,,works great in my truck ,,It did not come with motorcycle mounts or the plugs,,well what I want to do is ;; I will figure out how to mount it to my bike I just need info how or is there a wiring connector between the motorcycle wiring harness and this nuvi 550 ,,so what I want is a adapter ??? I don't want to get down into rewiring it to the motorcycle just use the wire that is there...Any good Ideas !!!
Thanks Mark
I put mine above the speedo and wired the power to the lamp power.

Garry

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Mark welcome I see you just joined us.
I was just reading a post earlier this week about the very same thing. I will back track and when I come across it I will let you know. Or if you want go to forums and then to k1200lt and scroll backward a few days 12th or 13th. Mine has mount and cables pre-wired others opted for the map light.
ride safe :bmw:

·
Registered
607 Posts
david_yancey said:
I have a Zumo 450 that is mounted to a shelf with a RAM arm and ran to the map light...

I will be posting an RCU accessory shelf in the classified section soon. The RCU is just like the one pictured in the post above.

Cheers,

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your advice but it is not what I was looking for ...I have this very nice base mounted from the factory on the bike right now and I want to use it and only it...I just need advice if there is an adapter from this existing wiring harness that is just hanging so I can connect it to my Garmin 550 gps ... So a short plug that goes to the gps to the existing wiring harness...Thanks Mark Ansderson 2008 LT

1 - 6 of 6 Posts