BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Planning ride north of S.F. up U.S.1 to Trinity National Park.

Ride through park heading east on any highway ?

Leaving Sat. morning returning Monday.

Any riders interested in going ?

·
Registered
482 Posts
Hey Nelson: Completely off this subject (sorry about the hijack) but how goes the battle against smoking? I noticed your avatar hasn't changed and started to wonder.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Hey Fred ...

Its going very well :D
It will be a week tomorrow without a puff.The pills are doing its thing without any nicotine added to my system. I have a few moments but the craving goes away real fast. I have smoked for over 30 years and this is the first time that I have really tried and quit. Lets see how week 2 goes. I may post a few words in the other tread week by week.

·
Premium Member
7,565 Posts
nelson61 said:
Hey Fred ...

Its going very well :D
It will be a week tomorrow without a puff.The pills are doing its thing without any nicotine added to my system. I have a few moments but the craving goes away real fast. I have smoked for over 30 years and this is the first time that I have really tried and quit. Lets see how week 2 goes. I may post a few words in the other tread week by week.
Way to go Nelson! That's a tough thing to do. I was a smoker for over 13 years, and a 4 pack-a-day chain smoker for a chunk of that time. Out of all the bad habits that I've quit over the years (and there's been a few), cigarettes were by far the toughest. You've got my support!

·
Premium Member
1,561 Posts
Nelson, Nelson, Nelson
Pull this off and it'll be my pleasure to ride down and shake your hand.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Outstanding Nelson! It got easier after the third week for me.

And now back to our regularly scheduled thread - Bernie, don't forget about route 36 from Ferndale to Red Bluff or vice versa. One of the best roads in the state.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Ride/smoke

SOUNDS LIKE AN EXCELLENT RIDE. WISH I HAD THE TIME, BUT ALLAS. DUTY CALLS. :rolleyes: BUT, I AND A FRIEND (GW) TOOK A DAY TRIP UP FROM TRUCKEE 89 TO LAKE ALMINOR THEN BACK ON 395 TO RENO YESTERDAY AND THAT WAS AWSOME. :bmw:
NELSON, I TOO SEND A HARTY CONGRATS. IT DOES GET EASIER. DAY BY DAY. KEEP THE FAITH. FROM A 35 YEAR SMOKER. :eek: QUIT FOR 10 NOW. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts