BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand which wires that I need to jump on my 2013 but I don't understand the concept of how to do it properly.Do I pull the 2 wires out of the plug and connect them together or do I leave the wires in the plug and run a short wire between the 2 and not touch the connections to the plug?

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,249 Posts
I don't know what 2013 model of bike you have but the pin jumper procedures are for the K1200LT alarm only. But to answer the technical question I just strip back some insulation on each wire back from the connector and solder them together. Then wrap with tape.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't know what 2013 model of bike you have but the pin jumper procedures are for the K1200LT alarm only. But to answer the technical question I just strip back some insulation on each wire back from the connector and solder them together. Then wrap with tape.
Sorry slip of the finger 2003 Lt.At this point I can either take out the alarm or just leave it there unplugged?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,249 Posts
No problem on the 2013. If the alarm has failed just unplug the cable and leave it in there. Be sure and unplug the three pin as well as this is power. You can even cut the plug off of the alarm and jumper the cut wires and plug it back into the harness. I carry a jumpered connector off of a failed alarm in case mine goes on the road. Makes for a quick fix on the road.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Everything went very easy.When you get done leave everything unplugged or go a step further by removing 3-4 screws and take it right out.In this case I did remove and found some mouse chew on the wiring harness.Luckily only one bare wire.:smile:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts