BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Suzanne and I are back from our vacations to SoCal and to Wisconsin, and our LT is sporting a brand new clutch and new seals. Time to go riding. Plus, although we had great German and Scandinavian pastries and such whilst in Wisconsin, we really have to have some good pie. :D

Who is up for a July RTE?

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Dick said:
Woohoo!! In!
Howdy, Dick. You might walk over to the bike talk section and read the latest update on my busted leg. In short, remember my last name, now. it's all gone FUBAR.

Karl

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,460 Posts
kmurphy165 said:
Howdy, Dick. You might walk over to the bike talk section and read the latest update on my busted leg. In short, remember my last name, now. it's all gone FUBAR.

Karl
Hi, Bud - I read thru the update and thought, like you, "WTF happened Doc?" Thought he wrenched everythang up good and tight!! Howsomever, I know you, and patience isn't one of your virtues!! --- until it HAS to be!! :histerica Sorry for all the pain --- Ben&Jerry has some Cookies and Cream that'll help that, unless you're watching the cholestrol!! :rolleyes: ;)

Good to see you at the keyboard - kinda worried about all you folks in the mile high mountain tinderboxes. Got some close friends in Co. Springs that lost a lotta sleep these last several weeks. They're fine now.

Karl - best to ya in getting the pins and needles all lined up again - stay hydrated with whatever floats your boat and ping in here when the meds letcha. ;)

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How about 11:30 or 12 as we typically do? Is that going to mess anyone up?

Suzanne will be in Amarillo visiting our daughter that weekend, so I will be flying solo.

·
Premium Member
2,024 Posts
Wel, I won't be able to join you (will be headed up to KC with the family for vacation) but I do appreciate ya'll celebratin' my Birthday with BBQ and pie. Nice little pie shop in a town just south of Stephenville that Keith & the Pie Princess introduced us to. Y'all have the pie of your choice. It's all good!!! ;) Catcha next time. :wave

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BennyBob said:
Wel, I won't be able to join you (will be headed up to KC with the family for vacation) but I do appreciate ya'll celebratin' my Birthday with BBQ and pie. Nice little pie shop in a town just south of Stephenville that Keith & the Pie Princess introduced us to. Y'all have the pie of your choice. It's all good!!! ;) Catcha next time. :wave

You would not be referring to the Koffee Kup in Hico, would you?

Heck, we will even bring a candle or seventy and sing happy birthday for you in absentia. You do not mind if we eat your birthday pie and divvy up your presents, do you?

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,460 Posts
BennyBob said:
Ya know - y'all could join us for lunch at the Hard 8, then mosey on up 281 and overnight in Lawton, OK at the Best Western or choose a couple other motels on E. Gore Blvd. Then on Sunday, be on I-44 thru OK City and Tulsa to Joplin, then head north on 71 to KC. Just sayin'!!! ;) ;)

·
Premium Member
2,024 Posts
deputy5211 said:
You would not be referring to the Koffee Kup in Hico, would you?

Heck, we will even bring a candle or seventy and sing happy birthday for you in absentia. You do not mind if we eat your birthday pie and divvy up your presents, do you?
That's the place! And go right ahead, Tony. Ya only need 55 candles, I ain't caught up with Dick yet, but I'm gaining on him if you count percent of delta to total span. :rolleyes:

Dick said:
Ya know - y'all could join us for lunch at the Hard 8, then mosey on up 281 and overnight in Lawton, OK at the Best Western or choose a couple other motels on E. Gore Blvd. Then on Sunday, be on I-44 thru OK City and Tulsa to Joplin, then head north on 71 to KC. Just sayin'!!!
Yep, could, but want to be there Sunday, so will be going up 35 to 75/69 to Big Cabin then 44 over to Joplin & 71 up from there. Lunch will be Sherman or thereabouts, and dinner in Joplin.

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,460 Posts
BennyBob said:
That's the place! And go right ahead, Tony. Ya only need 55 candles, I ain't caught up with Dick yet, but I'm gaining on him if you count percent of delta to total span. :rolleyes:
OUCH!!!!
BennyBob said:
Yep, could, but want to be there Sunday, so will be going up 35 to 75/69 to Big Cabin then 44 over to Joplin & 71 up from there. Lunch will be Sherman or thereabouts, and dinner in Joplin.
Timberline restaurant out on Range Line has some great Baby Backs and Sweet 'Tater pie- after the buckets of peanuts in the shell while you wait!! Not positive they're still there - I haven't been back since the Estate wrapped up. Have great trip and visit, Benny - say "Hi, Patsy" for me.
BTW - I'll handle your pie share at the K.Kup!! :p ;) ;)

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
JimE said:
Wish we could join you guys...I'm doing the MOA thing in Sedalia. Y'all try to keep Dick from eating too much (yeah, right). We'll try to catch the next one.

All we can do is try! ;)

·
Premium Member
2,024 Posts
Dick said:
Timberline restaurant out on Range Line has some great Baby Backs and Sweet 'Tater pie- after the buckets of peanuts in the shell while you wait!! Not positive they're still there - I haven't been back since the Estate wrapped up. Have great trip and visit, Benny - say "Hi, Patsy" for me.
BTW - I'll handle your pie share at the K.Kup!! :p ;) ;)
Now there's a true blue friend, willin' to sacrifice hisself and eat all that pie. :histerica

Wish I could get outta here a day or two earlier so's I could drop in on Sedalia for the BMW MOA convention, Jim. The writeup looks awesome.

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,460 Posts
BennyBob said:
Now there's a true blue friend, willin' to sacrifice hisself and eat all that pie. :histerica

Wish I could get outta here a day or two earlier so's I could drop in on Sedalia for the BMW MOA convention, Jim. The writeup looks awesome.
Well, crapola - CFO has suggested that it be awhile before I travel that far away from the casa. Looking at a potential emergency vet visit 'til we get things settled down. Sooo - I agreed to stay local. I'll donate Shreeve's, Emmons' and Benny's pie to whoever can get up from the Hard 8 table and stagger into the Koffee Kup - y'all have great fun and safe riding. :)

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sorry you cannot make it, Dick. Worse is the news that one or more of the herd is not operating at peak performance. Take care of them critters, that just means more pie for me!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts