BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a used '09 K1200LT with JPegs installed. My legs are too short and one of the JPegs is scuffed. I was toying with the idea of removing them but then saw the J-S short peg. Anyone try the short version? I haven't seen a picture of them mounted on a bike anywhere. Is it just an easy swap? Why can't I just buy the short pegs? I see I can order them but a new mounting bolt is included.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
They should just swap out. It uses the same tipover bar I believe. But do they sell just the short pegs? I'm not sure. Cvmtouringaccesories.com

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Wow. They used to list the short pegs. I don't see them now. That's odd. Maybe they discontinued them..

·
Registered
184 Posts
I have a set of the original medium J-pegs that came with my bike, I never use them. They retail for $349. I'd sell them for half price $175. plus shipping if anyone is interested.

Attachments

·
Registered
100 Posts
They had then around 2012 or 13 when I bought mine, they recommended the longer ones but I chose the short.
They were very good about exchanging them

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So I just figured out I have the long ones on my bike, no wonder I couldn't reach. Prob. don't need the short ones. Gonna buy the standard length pegs. Don't need the whole kit and caboodle.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Well if you can get the short pegs. It may be worth it.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
The regulars are straight. Except a little horn (turn in) on the very end.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts