BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Do any of you know where someone could pick these up? Does McMaster Carr carry these?

·
Registered
832 Posts
Try our own Raffy at Motogear4U.com

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Guys!
I was hoping that i could track them down locally (Milwaukee) as i am about to head off on a trip on Wednesday... I dont need the whole kit just the balls and springs???

·
Registered
509 Posts
I would think you could source a couple of springs and ball bearings locally, of course, this would be much easier if you had dimensions. I'm at work at the moment and don't have the bike today, else I'd measure these two parts for you.

Once you have the measurements in hand, perhaps stop in at a local bearing supply, or Tractor Supply/Farm & Fleet to get the bits.

$45 seems really steep considering that you only need the balls and springs (and not the bolts).

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Toolman,
Thanks, that was what i was tinkin... Any info you could give me would be greatly appreciated! Cheers~!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just found the specs from the ccmotorcycles site! The springs and ball are 5/16ths

·
Registered
715 Posts
I found 5/16 ball bearing at the local Ace Hardware. I didn't need a spring, but know they also have an assortment of springs.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Any idea how long the spring is?>>>

·
Registered
715 Posts
RjBu said:
Any idea how long the spring is?>>>
Luckily, I still have one out.
It measures approximately 0.300in x 0.525in......approximately.
Unfortunately, I don't have an easy, accurate way to measure the spring rate. Sorry!

·
Registered
607 Posts
Springs? What springs?

I bought my 05 used and it had JPEGs on it. I only have the ball bearings...no springs.

Thanks,
Glenn

·
Registered
12,165 Posts
dukey33 said:
Luckily, I still have one out.
It measures approximately 0.300in x 0.525in......approximately.
Unfortunately, I don't have an easy, accurate way to measure the spring rate. Sorry!
Wire size would be the important measurement to include with the diameter and length.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Please disregard my question about the spring.

I searched and found installation instructions.

Now I have to find two springs since I don't have them in my setup.

Hmmmm?

·
Registered
684 Posts
Sorry to hijack the thread butt since ya'll are talking about J peg parts and pieces, I am need of one J peg bolt. The long shoulder bolt that has threads on it that I can't match locally.
I just need one. Anybody. Raffy?
Thanks,
Mike

1 - 17 of 17 Posts