BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep, right side tip over at a stop... went to take off, front tire hit some oil, and I was lucky enough to stop and ease her down- nothing bent, only the wing cover scuffed. How do I get one of those badges?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,157 Posts
aztechmaster said:
Yep, right side tip over at a stop... went to take off, front tire hit some oil, and I was lucky enough to stop and ease her down- nothing bent, only the wing cover scuffed. How do I get one of those badges?

Welcome to the club. I almost had my second tip over at a stop light when my left foot hit some oil and slid. Thank goodness I was able to keep her up
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
929 Posts
aztechmaster said:
How do I get one of those badges?

Badges!? :soapbox: We don't need any stinkin' badges...

Seriously, you really are a true member of the highest order...welcome my brother.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,886 Posts
wrmoss said:
Badges!? :soapbox: We don't need any stinkin' badges...

Seriously, you really are a true member of the highest order...welcome my brother.
Everyone joins the order... eventually. :D
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
1,433 Posts
Here you go . . . pin made by one of the members years ago!!

Notice the DA in the rear luggage case - stands for "Droppers Anonymous"

 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,886 Posts
VACommuter said:


What is a "Tip Over"? Just kidding. Picked up this 2000 with a color matched Motorvation sidecar this weekend. Wife refused to ride on the offroad sidecar attched to the KLR. Go figure.

VAC
Sweet ride! Welcome to the asylum where we inmates truly rule! :histerica
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,449 Posts
dfinazzo said:
Here you go . . . pin made by one of the members years ago!!

Notice the DA in the rear luggage case - stands for "Droppers Anonymous"

A generous soul donated at least one pin for a 2012 CCR raffle grab-bag winner. That was me. :D
Finally! I joined this forum a bit too late to get one way back when I first joined the club.

Have fun,
Jer
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
795 Posts
aztechmaster said:
Yep, right side tip over at a stop... went to take off, front tire hit some oil, and I was lucky enough to stop and ease her down- nothing bent, only the wing cover scuffed. How do I get one of those badges?
I'm going to modify an old pilot's saying to fit the LT:

There are two types of LT riders, those who have tipped their LT and those who will.

Glad to hear you had minimal damage. So far my only tipover has been when when it rolled off the side stand and I wasn't on it, but Friday it was raining here in AZ (1 of the 2 days a year) and I was trolling around a parking lot and the rear must have hit an oil patch while I was turning and almost went down, still not exactly sure how I saved from dumping it and didn't hit anything. Either the people that were running through the parking lot were impressed with my 'skill' or else I looked pretty funny as I flung my body around the behemoth trying to yank it back up before the point of no return, not sure which :D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,886 Posts
copperstatetour said:
Either the people that were running through the parking lot were impressed with my 'skill' or else I looked pretty funny as I flung my body around the behemoth trying to yank it back up before the point of no return, not sure which :D
Maybe a little of both? :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
616 Posts
dfinazzo said:
Here you go . . . pin made by one of the members years ago!!

Notice the DA in the rear luggage case - stands for "Droppers Anonymous"

You sure that's what it stands for? That's not the first thing that came to my mind... :)

And I say that self-deprecatingly as a card-carrying member of the club.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
795 Posts
deputy5211 said:
Maybe a little of both? :rolleyes:
I'd like to think so, but pretty sure it was the latter as there was really no skill involved, just dumb luck. Those couple seconds were just filled with one thought: "crap, I'm going down in the rain, how am I going to heave this beast back up with my feet slipping and sliding on the wet asphalt?" Next thing I knew I was back upright so whatever I did worked, or else the LT just recovered on its own.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
If there really is a droppit club, I must be the Grand Poopah ! My wife and I have resorted tojust throw the bike down at each stop sign and pick it up when we get ready to go...... no big deal for me...sometimes she's a little stressed about it.... but, God love her, sometimes she's a little stressed about anything...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
aztechmaster said:
Yep, right side tip over at a stop... went to take off, front tire hit some oil, and I was lucky enough to stop and ease her down- nothing bent, only the wing cover scuffed. How do I get one of those badges?
I have to throw this in for the stupidest tip over ever......

I was pulling up to Walmart, stopped, pushed the stand button... She started to climb up, everone was watching (of course).... for some dang reason I stood up on the pegs befroe she was done and my friggin finger came off the button.

By design, the stand went down and there I was, standing up. had I been 9 feet tall it would not have been a problem. However nap time.......Fortunetly there were these three goriillas near by and they helped me stand her up really quick. I wanted to hide.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
795 Posts
JimE said:
You sure that's what it stands for? That's not the first thing that came to my mind... :)

And I say that self-deprecatingly as a card-carrying member of the club.
I know I felt like a [email protected]$$ when I let mine roll of the side stand, fortunately I was in the garage when it happened, never before or since has my garage door closed so quick :histerica

Of course I had just manuvered it in my garage for the purpose of taking a picture with my C, just glad that I had not moved my C under it when it decided to take a nap :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
53 Posts
after reading your stories just had to tell mine last weekend wanted to take a leisurely ride to amish country to let the wife do some shopping .started out good managed to get it out of the garage ok went down hill from there . wife decided to jump on the back before i was ready quess what down she went after picking it up and scolding my wife about waiting till i am ready we tried it again . everything was going good got her on. helmets plugged in everything working popped the clutch (maybe a touch too quick ) down we went again , after picking ourselves up off the driveway , we decided maybe it was best just to put the girl back in the garage and go watch tv.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
148 Posts
dfinazzo said:
Here you go . . . pin made by one of the members years ago!!

Notice the DA in the rear luggage case - stands for "Droppers Anonymous"

I was one of those that bid and got one at CCR. I figured I might never see one again and I already dropped it so what the heck...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
copperstatetour said:
I'm going to modify an old pilot's saying to fit the LT:

There are two types of LT riders, those who have tipped their LT and those who will.

Glad to hear you had minimal damage. So far my only tipover has been when when it rolled off the side stand and I wasn't on it, but Friday it was raining here in AZ (1 of the 2 days a year) and I was trolling around a parking lot and the rear must have hit an oil patch while I was turning and almost went down, still not exactly sure how I saved from dumping it and didn't hit anything. Either the people that were running through the parking lot were impressed with my 'skill' or else I looked pretty funny as I flung my body around the behemoth trying to yank it back up before the point of no return, not sure which :D
Ahh Avondale...I moved here in S.D. from Suprise two years ago..And minimal damage makes my insurance carried smile heh
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
I joined yesterday. I was at work early and decided to put the LT on its center stand...NO PROBLEM! What a piece of cake. I then wanted it off the center stand and over it went, right side tip over and to my enjoyment and shoulder strain I was able having read the post on how to do it raise my girl from the concrete before anyone showed up. Slight scratches and sore muscles was all it cost.. I need to read up on how to take the bike off the center stand.

Todays adventure was an ABS stop and making my big bike as skinny as a white line on the side of the road to avoid being a BMW hood ornament on a Cadillac Escalade that was passing bicycles against the yellow lines in a right hand curve. I needed a gun and a place to turn around and chase them down.

Idiots will be the death of me unless I can keep my wits and avoid contact.
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top