BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

Joined Club

1K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  bmwbubba 
#1 ·
Well I joined the club today, a sloped parking lot, a tight turn around around, and there she was laying on her side. Good thing I just watched a video on how to pick the beast up. I was surprised how easy she came up.
Any Ideas where I can get new covers for tip over bars?

#6 ·
Well, I found that IF you want to hide some of that CHaracter....PLasticote makes a bumper color paint that just rocks.

I had to do mine as the sun and weather had made the tip over covers look dirty all the time even tho I took care of it...

it looked really good.

yeh and isnt surprising how easy it was to pick her up? watch the video , try to not practice so often... (JK! I did it too!) maybe we need a special patch or something.....

#8 ·
I lowsided on ice up in TX, smashed the cover...get it from the dealer, their actually pretty cheep!! can't recall but only about 20 bucks maybe?

Story..wife and i stopped in BFE for gas and coffee...man, that coffee was fresh and good, was going to drink it while riding.

So out we go, I'm already on a slight angle in the park lot, i put the two cups of joe on the console, wifes steps up to get on and over it goes!

this guy runs over to help me get this machine back up, you should have seen the look on his face when I said "I can't believe I just spilled that fresh coffee!!", i wasn't even looking at the bike...still LOL about that one:)

#9 ·
Ok.. Now that I know I'm not the only one. I Just purchased a 2008 K1200LT and while trying to put it on the center stand on a lightly sloped driveway, I ended up ever so slightly laying it down on it's side. The tip over bars did their thing and there's a little scrub on it. A much bigger scrub is on my pride as I've never dropped a bike before.

To compound the problem, I am recovering from a broken back and have hardware connecting all my lower lumbar vertebrae together. It wasn't easy putting the bike back in the upright position even with the help of my wonderful lady.

The question is, where can I see the video on how to pick the bike back up easily????

Thank you in advance!

Dennis

#10 ·
DennisG said:
Ok.. Now that I know I'm not the only one. I Just purchased a 2008 K1200LT and while trying to put it on the center stand on a lightly sloped driveway, I ended up ever so slightly laying it down on it's side. The tip over bars did their thing and there's a little scrub on it. A much bigger scrub is on my pride as I've never dropped a bike before.

To compound the problem, I am recovering from a broken back and have hardware connecting all my lower lumbar vertebrae together. It wasn't easy putting the bike back in the upright position even with the help of my wonderful lady.

The question is, where can I see the video on how to pick the bike back up easily????

Thank you in advance!

Dennis
HERE

#11 ·
I'm part of this club also. the same week I became a 4%er I layed it on it's side before I even knew what happened. Worst yet it happened as I pulled into the local bike night. :cussing: :brick: ever so slight slope to the lot did it. I think maybe the final drive locked up as I stopped making my stop quicker than anticipated. yeah that's it.. :D

Rick

#12 ·
These bikes sometimes want their own way with the road. Parking lots can be brutal if your foot slips on gravel or sand and especially when backing the bike into a parking stall. I had installed short chrome strips (wheel well moulding on the tip over wings and on the bottom of the chrome on the side bags. They just might save having big scratches on either the tip over wings or the chrome mouldings on the side bags. Don't ask me how I know?? The moulding is about $20.00 for 20 ft. it is called a prostripe #852005 chrome moulding. It is installed easily and can be replaced easily.
Went for a short cruise today and the outside temp. showed 100F on the bikes readout. Hot Hot!!
Cheers
Jim

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.