BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found out that I may have offend some people by painting my 00' canyon red LT into a John Deere edition. Just wondered what this sites conscience of bring a little of red neck into the elite world.

·
Premium Member
783 Posts
Paint Job

This paint job will be talked about through the ages!! :D

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
To each his own

There have been several threads posted about your paint job in the past.

You might want to do a search and have a quick read.. Some pretty funny.

Since your in NC will we see you at CCR ?

You can lead the Parade Lap at the track !!!!

John

·
Registered
189 Posts
Steve,
They're just jealous they didn't think of it first!

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Lucille said:
I just found out that I may have offend some people by painting my 00' canyon red LT into a John Deere edition. Just wondered what this sites conscience of bring a little of red neck into the elite world.
ignore 'em! i think your bike looks fabulous!

·
Registered
408 Posts
Please don't show up at CCR wearing bib overalls and smokin a cob pipe! All kidding aside, NICE JOB.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
John dear

unique is probably an understatement.
To myself this bike falls under what WC Fields said about elephants:

"I like looking at it, but I wouldn't want to own one"

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
airborneod said:
Please don't show up at CCR wearing bib overalls and smokin a cob pipe! All kidding aside, NICE JOB.

No fair!!!! That's my outfit!!!!

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
No,,,,,, Please Do !!!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Ignore 'em, Steven. You've got the most original LT paint job ever seen. It's not a "Light Truck". It's a "Light Tractor", eh?

Rubber side down

Don

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
John Deere "Were Not going to take it"

Well I was just wondering if the only people offended by the John Deere Edition were the same ones riding the BMW K1200LT in:
Sea Foam Green
Mauve Pink
or "I Love Barney" Purple
Then I was not going to worry too much about it. However, you should prepare for the next addition, coming from the words of Twisted Sister, "We're not going to take it". I am finishing up on the high speed version of the John Deere "10P - Lawn tractor utility trailer" to pull behind the bike. Independent suspension, swivel tongue but everyone will be focusing on the Radio Controlled Harley Davidson V-Rod that I will have strapped in the polyurethane bucket, along with black and orange striped Tool box and Spare Parts box. I am making a metal sign that will hang down from the lower section of the upper box that says "Caution H-D Support Vehicle" "Make Sudden Stops - for missing parts". It is time to give a little of the cr^p back to my H-D buddies. My goal is to ride down I-95 second week in March so I will fit in during Daytona Trailer Week. In the past when riding with my buddies "Loud Pipes Save Lives" type, they would always ask if the LT was running "Can't hear it". So I made a CD from Vans & Hines pipes and then crank up the volume. Please give this a shot and record the looks from the bug invested face of a low rider biker.
Steven Luckie
Big John

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Welcome! Very nicely done paint scream!

Those that think John Deere is redneck have neither: 1. Priced or paid for ANY John Deere equipment, or 2. Priced or paid for a custom paint job for an LT!

Sooo, I assume you spend all summer going to parades and getting free beer?!

·
Registered
607 Posts
Think anyone would be offended if I painted our John Deere L120 in Canyon Red and put a BMW emblem on it?

Seriously, I think your bike looks great, and is very original. Custom paint is just another farkle - what works for you is all that matters. Anyone who felt "offended" needs to lighten up.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Now if you could figure out how to put an air conditioned cab on, no one would laugh, especially at CCR in the humidity.

I have to keep mine a stock color so I can rob banks.

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,175 Posts
Kawasaki

Lucille said:
I just found out that I may have offend some people by painting my 00' canyon red LT into a John Deere edition.
John Deere???:eek:
And all this time I thought these were the Kawasaki racing colors!!! :eek:
:p :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts