BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for you guys who have installed the jenson radio. Have you noiticed a great improvement in sound compared to the stock radio? I am considering the Jenson also, thankyou

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
edmann said:
for you guys who have installed the jenson radio. Have you noiticed a great improvement in sound compared to the stock radio? I am considering the Jenson also, thankyou

I have installed one (not on my bike), but the sound (IMHO) is not "better" than the original factory stereo when the factory one is working right. The Jensen sounds great, but most people use it as a REPLACEMENT for their stock unit that has gone bad, not neccesarily as an UPGRADE. Others will chime in soon!

·
Registered
155 Posts
why wont they work over a couple yrs? mine had been replaced b4 i bought bike and i dont wanta spend 600 dollars 2 replace it every couple yrs, what makes them go bad? surly some 1 can finger out why...

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
If you are going to just use your bike speakers, you might want to consider a small amp with the jensen. I have only used mine a few times without helmet speakers, and it is not bad. I also upgraded the factory speakers as they are crap after a few years, you might want to consider that if you have not done so.

·
Registered
55 Posts
My 2 cents is that I think the stock system (1999) could be played a little louder before distortion was notice. At speed on the interstate I have the Jensen playing around 30 to 32 on it's volume setting. At a stand still this is where I start to notice distortion.
I also think I can get more of a bass boost out of the Jensen then stock.I also like the simple ipod hookup but wish it would charge when hooked up. I have not tried the internal storage yet. Generally I am happy with the set up so far.

Keith

1 - 5 of 5 Posts