BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.

I was wondering if anyone knows of a radio harness that would simplify hooking up a Jensen 2212 to a 2005 LT?

I have given up trying to find a simple solution to hook up a MP3/iPhone to my 05 LT (since I don't have the multi-disc changer in the trunk, or the cable leading to it).

I would like to go this route, but would really like to buy an adapter to make this as 'plug and play' as possible.

Thanks in advance.

Paul

·
Registered
71 Posts
Paul,
I do not think you are ever going to find such a connecter. I have put a Jensen in my LT, and I can tell you the the wiring harness to/from the CD changer has no useful wires in it as far as installing a Jensen is concerned. The entire harness is scrapped.

Installing a Jensen stereo is really not hard at all. Doing a good job on it is like doing any other task well, it just takes a little time. If you search this forum you will be able to find out all of the bike wires you will need to splice in to. Either solder the connections, or buy shrink wrap covered butt connectors, and take your time. It is well worth it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Actually I DID successfully use the saddlebag CD wiring harness to install my Jensen 2212 (guts) into the same saddlebag just last weekend.....and mounted the Commander where the old radio went. I took the power, ground, and front speaker through it. And even used the barrel connector folded back around, in order to connect to the rear speakers. Also, not related, but I bought a marine grade 12v (cigarette) socket, and two Jensen cables that added to the bulk but also added to the versatility. One was a dual AUX/USB cable input and both installed into the left side of the oddment box; the other was an iPod/Iphone cable installed into the right side. This permits me to plug and play and recharge almost anything. Additionally, you can reverse the flow of the AUX cable as an input for say a smartphone, or as a line out for say a bluetooth transmitter to (My SENA10) by reconnecting the phono cables at the Jensen (Guts) end.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I too just did the 2212 install this weekend. I put the commander unit in the right side after removing the cd player. I ran the power , ground, and front speakers to the back, and tied in the reae speakers at the rear plug. I have the ipod cable run into the glove box, and mounted the aux/ish jack on the left stingray. I will try to upload pics.

·
Registered
10 Posts
radrider98 said:
I too just did the 2212 install this weekend. I put the commander unit in the right side after removing the cd player. I ran the power , ground, and front speakers to the back, and tied in the reae speakers at the rear plug. I have the ipod cable run into the glove box, and mounted the aux/ish jack on the left stingray. I will try to upload pics.

Yes please post photos if you are able. I'm sure many will be grateful.
Best regards.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I mounted a cradle for my phone on a mirror mount on my bars
and use an FM TRANSMITTER to send MP3's and turn by turn
navigation from my phone to the FM Radio.
Works great and you can buy the transmitters for under $20.

·
Registered
241 Posts
jkriner said:
I mounted a cradle for my phone on a mirror mount on my bars
and use an FM TRANSMITTER to send MP3's and turn by turn
navigation from my phone to the FM Radio.
Works great and you can buy the transmitters for under $20.
A friend of mine did the same thing - bought one at Walmart for under $20. Which transmitter did you use and where'd you buy it? Do you still have handlebar volume control capability, or is it all controlled through your mp3?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts