BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of a dealer in the CT area that could do an install for me? My radio has both left speakers gone and if the battery trick does not work (bike is in the shop now for something else) then I need to do something and buying a new $800 BMW radio is not going to happen.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Maybe try for a tech session? Going to be more and more LT's converted as time goes on and a documented 'how to' would be useful for the unassembled masses.

Just sayin......

Loren

·
Registered
444 Posts
fitsman said:
Anyone know of a dealer in the CT area that could do an install for me? My radio has both left speakers gone and if the battery trick does not work (bike is in the shop now for something else) then I need to do something and buying a new $800 BMW radio is not going to happen.
I would think paying someon to install the jensen would cost more than the jensen itself.

It really isn't that hard to do, just a bit time consuming.

Maybe we do need to get a tech session going up here, I am coming up on my 36K. Anyone?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
living_free said:
I would think paying someon to install the jensen would cost more than the jensen itself.

It really isn't that hard to do, just a bit time consuming.

Maybe we do need to get a tech session going up here, I am coming up on my 36K. Anyone?
Forgive me, but by tech session do you mean we all get together and do a few bikes at the same time at someones garage?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Tony

I am not extremely mobile but would be overjoyed for a tech session. :wave

I need to change out the rear speakers and changing out the radio would be great.

Bob

·
Registered
444 Posts
fitsman said:
Forgive me, but by tech session do you mean we all get together and do a few bikes at the same time at someones garage?

Yup, that is exactly what a tech session is. Great way to learn about your bike and meet some great folks.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
living_free said:
Yup, that is exactly what a tech session is. Great way to learn about your bike and meet some great folks.
Sounds like a great idea for novices like myself. Right now I am in the middle of trying to decide to keep the bike for a few more years, or get something new. I can get a great deal on a new wing. My warranty is up next summer and would hate to see the repair bill I would have seen if I did not have it. I just dont have the skills and time to deal with repairs..but really dont want to spend another 20k on a new bike either.

·
Registered
47 Posts
battery trick :confused: :confused:
Can you explain that. Two left speakers are out right now on my bike I will try anything to save $$

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
The battery trick is pretty simple. Disconnect the negative terminal of the battery for 20 minutes to force a hard reset of the radio.

Don't forget to do a Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) reset when you're hooked back up. Turn the key to the "run" position, and with the engine OFF, twist the throttle from idle to full throttle two times. Turn the key to the off position and start normally.

Good luck.

medo10 said:
battery trick :confused: :confused:
Can you explain that. Two left speakers are out right now on my bike I will try anything to save $$

·
Registered
47 Posts
No luck ,and now only option left is to show $$$ :mad:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts