BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which color wire did you use for power? Red is always hot, but my switchable (green/blue) hot isn't pushing enough juice.

·
Registered
444 Posts
deweychop said:
Which color wire did you use for power? Red is always hot, but my switchable (green/blue) hot isn't pushing enough juice.

I have a Centech fuse block under the seat and ran a wire from that to the Jensen.

Do not use the red wire that is always hot.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
living_free said:
I have a Centech fuse block under the seat and ran a wire from that to the Jensen.

Do not use the red wire that is always hot.
What do the people do who don't have that Centech fuse block? What do they splice into?

Thanks for your reply BTW :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Man you made me get off the sofa and trudge down to the shed in my slippers and underwear :p
Red- always hot
Purple w/Blk stripe - always hot
Brown- ground
Green w/Blue stripe- hot when key is on

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mooney3025 said:
Man you made me get off the sofa and trudge down to the shed in my slippers and underwear :p
Red- always hot
Purple w/Blk stripe - always hot
Brown- ground
Green w/Blue stripe- hot when key is on
Sorry about the whole undies thing :)
I read your posts before and I tried the Green w/blue stripe but it doesn't push the volts. It's a significantly smaller wire as well. Maybe a 22ga. Did this wire work for you?

When I hooked it up to the red (always hot), it worked perfect. Any other thoughts

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'm sure I used green-blue, I did'nt check volts when I did it. Just that it turned off with the key because like you I used the red first and found out the Jensen power button always stays on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts