BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Miles of Smiles
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apologies to all, communications are a bit patchy down here until we organise a broadband connection.
Suffice to say we are now rolling after our 3 1/2 years of planning and it was worth every minute. She handles like a dream ( 020's ) and we are both loving it all. Will try to stay in touch better, looking forward to CCR '06. Cheers Rena & Hilton.

Attachments

·
Registered
14,452 Posts
Hilton said:
Apologies to all, communications are a bit patchy down here until we organise a broadband connection.
Suffice to say we are now rolling after our 3 1/2 years of planning and it was worth every minute. She handles like a dream ( 020's ) and we are both loving it all. Will try to stay in touch better, looking forward to CCR '06. Cheers Rena & Hilton.
Hey, hey Hilton - congrats on finally getting settled over the last few years. You guyz have really earned the very best of everythang and I know the entire family here is proud for ya. Be great to see you both at CCR '06 - like it wuz at CCR '04.

BTW - for some reason, I don't remember that underbrush you're sportin' now; although it does look good on ya, even with the helmet on!! Which reminds me - you bringin' helmets and riding gear with ya this time? Ole Toad would be proud to sport ya around for a day or two while you're here (unless you've made other arrangements for a ride). Just count on it if needed.

Cy'all at the Chateau!

·
Premium Member
7,565 Posts
Congratulations, Hilton! I'm happy that you and Rena have finally achieved this dream, I know you've been working towards it for along time! Ride safe and enjoy the road!

·
Registered
12,165 Posts
Glad to see all your waiting has finally paid off! Took a long time, but you certainly did your homework first. There were likely to be no surprises, other than good ones. :D

Don't know if I will be at CCR '06 or not. If I get my home sold here in CA and move to the TN/NC area as hoped I may drop in even if I do not have a bike. Would love to meet old friends again, and make a few new ones.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
dshealey said:
Glad to see all your waiting has finally paid off! Took a long time, but you certainly did your homework first. There were likely to be no surprises, other than good ones. :D

Don't know if I will be at CCR '06 or not. If I get my home sold here in CA and move to the TN/NC area as hoped I may drop in even if I do not have a bike. Would love to meet old friends again, and make a few new ones.
Hey David, if I can make it from Finland you should make it from whereever in the US...;)

Very much looking forward to meeting both you and Hilton (among hundreds of others) at CCR.:)

Regards

·
IBR# 366
16,533 Posts
Excellent news, Hilton. How long will it take you to put on the 1,374 farkles that you've already collected? :D

I'm sure you and Rena will enjoy every kilometer. :)

·
Registered
12,165 Posts
pozo_izquierdo said:
Hey David, if I can make it from Finland you should make it from whereever in the US...;)

Very much looking forward to meeting both you and Hilton (among hundreds of others) at CCR.:)

Regards
I made every CCR when I had a bike, except the first one in Broken Bow, but without one, it is less enticing to go.

But I will say that I enjoyed the Gatlinburg CCR as much as any, and my bike was in Nashville waiting on a new final drive unit from Germany.:mad: That was frustrating, but the comraderie and the venue were first rate! All the CCRs I attended were great, but maybe because of the time I had to just meet and talk to people in Gatlinburg that one is probably the most memorable, also, that was the only one my wife attended.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Don't know if I will be at CCR '06 or not. If I get my home sold here in CA and move to the TN/NC area as hoped I may drop in even if I do not have a bike. Would love to meet old friends again, and make a few new ones.[/QUOTE]

David, I got a 1200 GoldWing available for you to borrow for CCR. It will be in TN by that time.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Hilton said:
Wonderful news Hilton! We don't have to tell you to enjoy her. We all know you will! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts