BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,565 Posts
messenger13 said:
Looks as though we all need to run out and buy a Victory.
Interesting idea, I wonder if there are motorcyclists that would buy a bike almost solely based on a rating like this? It seems unlikely to me, but that's because I view motorcyclists as people driven a bit more by heart/passion around their bike purchases that just purely objective data. I tend to research and buy cars that way, but not bikes. Given, the quality/reliability aspect does figure in, but it's still basically a passion decision for me. Well, I am a guy that went to get a flat tire replaced and came home with that, and another motorcycle.:D

·
Bouncer
9,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DavidTaylor said:
Interesting idea, I wonder if there are motorcyclists that would buy a bike almost solely based on a rating like this? It seems unlikely to me, but that's because I view motorcyclists as people driven a bit more by heart/passion around their bike purchases that just purely objective data. I tend to research and buy cars that way, but not bikes. Given, the quality/reliability aspect does figure in, but it's still basically a passion decision for me. Well, I am a guy that went to get a flat tire replaced and came home with that, and another motorcycle.:D
I know a lot of guys who buy motorcycles based on much less. LOL!!!

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
eljeffe said:
I know a lot of guys who buy motorcycles based on much less. LOL!!!
I bought my Pacific Blue LT because Jeff had one. When he bought a GT, I instantly knew the next cool trend. :D I just couldn't get a GT in the same color. It may have reveiled too much. :eek:

·
Registered
13,451 Posts

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
grifscoots said:
You ought to see the metallic purple Navigator he just acquired. Beats the hell out of driving a, oh, I don't know....... mini-van?
Hey mun! I got my Equinox back. No more mini-van for me.

·
Bouncer
9,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
messenger13 said:
I bought my Pacific Blue LT because Jeff had one. When he bought a GT, I instantly knew the next cool trend. :D I just couldn't get a GT in the same color. It may have reveiled too much. :eek:
Joe,

We both know I bought the GT because I knew you would get one, and I just had to have one before you got yours. LOL!!!

·
Registered
55 Posts
messenger13 said:
Looks as though we all need to run out and buy a Victory.
I have had 3 Victories including my current Hammer and a BMW LT. I would be hard pressed to decide which one to give up if I could only keep one. Victories are great bikes but I do love the comfort (so does the wife) of the LT!

·
Registered
353 Posts
JD Power Ratings

On the surface the BMW seems to be in second place. However if you add up the two columns that count Quality(ie Reliabilty) and cost of ownership to 8th place.
Product is purely subjective- people either like or dislike a particular aspect.
Sales- Depends how easily you are swayed by the salesman. Most motorcyclists know what they want and know a lot more about it before they go to a dealer (Unlike cars)
Service- is down to the individual mechanic

·
Registered
807 Posts
Thanks for sharing

eljeffe said:

Thanks for sharing this JDPower study. Interesting that KTM is not included. They now sold more bikes in the last 12 months than BMW. 2007 Super Duke will be here for rides. I'm trying to get a gang set to ride one of the first to hit. If you're interested let me know. KTM boys were here the other day. They think it will outperform the new 1098 Duc. We're planning a ride in SoCal and OH now.

·
Registered
92 Posts
10 bike makers listed -- 7 of 10 are "better than average" or higher for "cost of ownership"? Wouldn't that make the "better than average" rating, well, just average? :confused:

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
DavidTaylor said:
Interesting idea, I wonder if there are motorcyclists that would buy a bike almost solely based on a rating like this? It seems unlikely to me, but that's because I view motorcyclists as people driven a bit more by heart/passion around their bike purchases that just purely objective data. I tend to research and buy cars that way, but not bikes. Given, the quality/reliability aspect does figure in, but it's still basically a passion decision for me.
The other side of this is that these surveys will only reflect the opinions of the people who actually took the time to fill them out.

·
Registered
574 Posts
One HUGE factor not considered...Dealer network/support.
That would pull BMW down to about...oh, I don't know, last!

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
Tbird said:
That would pull BMW down to about...oh, I don't know, last!
Depends whom they polled. I have 3 dealers less than an hour away. Funny though...out of the 3, I go to the furthest one possible.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Did you get a $1 from JD Power?

I'm not one for filling out surveys of any kind so I sat on the survey for about a month before filling it out to my best knowledge. I told myself it was in the spirit of helping out our fellow riders.

They sent me a crisp-new $1 for my troubles with the survey. Now if I can only figure out what I did with that buck. :D

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
OneShot said:
They sent me a crisp-new $1 for my troubles with the survey.
Had you held out - they would have sent you a total of $7.

You would have received a friendly reminder letter with another $1, followed by another letter with $5. At least that's what they did 2 years ago with a Honda S2000 survey.

And, yes - all 3 were crisp!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Ted said:
Had you held out - they would have sent you a total of $7.
Doh!:rotf:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts