BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ye shall be jealous!

Just happen to be over here in the Pacific rim for the next 10 days and have my attendance at the MotoGP race at Motegi next week on the schedule.

Sometimes work just isn't work at all.

Too bad Stoner has it all just about wrapped up already.

If anyone on the forum is also in the area, definitely give a shout so we can meet up. That would be too cool.

Cell phone images to follow.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
"Just happen to be over here in the Pacific rim for the next 10 days and have my attendance at the MotoGP race at Motegi next week on the schedule."

You suck ;)

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Good for you John ... couldn't have happened to a more deserving soul. :)

·
Premium Member
1,484 Posts
:thumb: Cool !! :yeah: ..As said ..check your radiation meter periodically ..

The way the riders were crying about it ,You would think if the power went out it wouldn't be a problem as they would be glowing in the dark anyway. :abduct:

·
Registered
37 Posts
I feel for you. The closest thing to a racer I'll get on my current trip is the Ferrari showroom in London! (but I did see a silver K1600GTL turning a conner as I waited an almost nonexistent event on my roads)

·
Premium Member
7,797 Posts
Nice "work" if you can get it, John. Enjoy your time in Japan.

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
John, glad to hear "work" is keeping you busy. Enjoy the race!

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, as luck would have it. I am stuck in Singapore due to a typhoon and I haven't been able to get parts to fix my plane.

Will not be able to attend in person, but it will be on at the pool. :)

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Thought this was one of the most "interesting" of the races so far. Not necessarily the best, but lots of surprises.

·
Premium Member
1,484 Posts
+1
this was one of the most "interesting" of the races so far. Not necessarily the best, but lots of surprises
I belive phillips Island is next . That one is usually real good one :)

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
weird race.... almost makes me want to head to Phillip Island for next weekends... just can't afford the 2-3 days off work at the moment, and its a fairly boring 10-12 hr ride to get there.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Race at Twin Ring was neat. Turnout was thin but what would one expect given impact of 11 March. Plenty of GS, GTs but no sign of LTs in the crowd.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
fpmlt said:
Thought this was one of the most "interesting" of the races so far. Not necessarily the best, but lots of surprises.

Yes, Stoner running off, Rossi down on L1, and the late stage battle between Dovizioso and Simoncelli was most excellent.

Even though I didn't get to see the race live at the track, watching the Japanese GP live on TV poolside with a bunch of real serious International race fans was still a special treat. The Singapore F1 race was just a couple weeks ago and everyone still had the fever.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts