BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of a jacket comparable to the Vanson Ventilator?
It uses 1000 denier woven Cordura nylon and 1000 denier knitted Cordura nylon mesh. I figure this will be a lot safer than the Joe Rocket I use in hot wx.

http://www.vansonleathers.com/obsolete_products/ventilator.htm

I like Yellow jackets because I think they stick out more than red.
Unfortunately, I can't find any Vanson dealer that has a Yellow XL in stock.

Vanson says the jacket is so popular that they are sold out. But, I can special order a Yellow and get it in 3-4 months.

I think three months from now I'll be looking to switch out of my winter jacket into a spring ventilated jacket 70-90F.
I figure I'll have to stick with my Joe Rocket for when temps are 90-110F.
Bob

·
Registered
385 Posts
Yep, this one Motoport Motoport Air Mesh II Kevlar

You might want to check out this link on his site as well which compares materials. Save Your Hide

This stuff is pricey, but in my opinion it is the best out there, bar none. I had some samples sent to me & it is amazing how strong the stuff is. They also make a stretch kevlar that is approved by the F.I.M for racing. The only textile approved for racing. OK, so I drank the Kool-Aid. But the thing that really sold me was the testimonials of people who have crashed in this stuff. Yes, know that people have crashed in other products & survived much better than expected, but this stuff is also cool at the same time. Wind goes right through it. MUCH better than my First Gear mesh jacket or pants. Also, the armor goes beyond CE standards, plus it has holes in it so you can still get some air even behind the armor. They also sell liners that allow you to ride in rain & cold which zip into this thing.

Oh yeah, about the armor, you don't have to take it out to wash the stuff. Since I'm basically lazy, this was a big plus.

The website needs updating badly, but their customer service is first rate. And if you need any custom work, they'll be happy to do it.

·
Premium Member
3,121 Posts

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
Hey Bob:

What size are you? I've got a grey Vanson fully perforated and armored leather jacket in good condition that I'll sell really cheap - it's been sitting in my closet for a few years - it's a men's medium. You're more than welcome to stop by my house to try it on:

Attachments

·
Registered
261 Posts
vanson...

...has updated this jacket and calls it the supermoto, now.

i got a silver one on closeout from new enough and i'm very happy with it.

same basic structure....leather in the impact areas. there's a reason for doing that way. =8-o

·
Premium Member
3,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the offer Ron.

When I rode here from MA in 1989, my jacket size was medium--I now buy large or XL.

The Vanson SuperMoto's are 2X the price of the Ventilator.

Bob, awaiting the arrival of Salsa Clause.

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
BecketMa said:
Thanks for the offer Ron.

When I rode here from MA in 1989, my jacket size was medium--I now buy large or XL.

The Vanson SuperMoto's are 2X the price of the Ventilator.

Bob, awaiting the arrival of Salsa Clause.
LOL! I sure do like guacamole - and it likes ME! ;)

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
hmmmm90s said:
...has updated this jacket and calls it the supermoto, now.

i got a silver one on closeout from new enough and i'm very happy with it.

same basic structure....leather in the impact areas. there's a reason for doing that way. =8-o
That's good to know - I think I need a new bike to go with it - at least that's the excuse I'll tell the missus. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts