BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have both Mik - O - Pegs and XL J Pegs. The J Pegs are nice to stretch out on. They'll help with cooling off as well. I would highly recommend them. The Mik - O - Pegs are better in the cooler months IMHO. I have to bend over to extend the J Pegs, which is just a minor inconvenience, where as the Miks are right there when you want them and retract automatically because they are spring loaded. I use both sets whenever I ride.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Hi, for my trip across I bought an LT in California and this bike has Pegs mounted. I dont even know wich once. But on my trip across the states I didnt use them because they are mounted on the tip over wings and you cant reach them in a real relaxed position. When I used them then only one side and I had to slide with my but to the other side on the saddle to get my foot on the Peg. So I think they are quite useless on a LT.

Manfred

·
Registered
185 Posts
I have had the J-pegs for many years but have rarely used them. extending them with the tip of your boot isn't a problem, when retracted they are hiden for the most part. Mic-0-pegs are ugly but make sense. I think if a rider is in a hurry and cant stop, get of the bike for a streach then maybe they should rethink riding. just saying. Im now concidering using the j-peg mount for addition driving lights, would not spend that much money on them again.

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
I have the Jpegs, no problem for me to extend them with the toe of my boots.

For me they are a little uncomfortable for extended periods of time due to me being 5'7" and have to really spread my legs to use them although I like having the ability to stretch my legs while riding for long periods. I mostly use them for one leg at a time to get into a different riding position.

At fast hwy speeds you really get a lot of wind directed up at you with both legs spread out like that. That could be good or bad I guess but I don't like it. At temps above 85deg I really notice the HOT air blowing at me.

I am going to add ****-O-Pegs soon, if I had it to do again I would go with the MOP.

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
Hi,
I too just use one at a time. Not comfortable at all when I use both at the same time. I do like being able to change positions on the 4 lanes. Don't use them much when on a 2 lane. Gotta be ready(for that PULL OUT in FRONT of YOU) at the intersections.

Just my .02cents worth. :bmw:

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I have JPEGS on mine and I like for occasional use.

They certainly help out, but increase wind noise, but not too bad..

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have a 36" inseam so my leg is far from stretched when in use and the heat from the radiator exits the port,hits my leg and gets shoveled up towards me. I bent some 5/16 rod and dropped a stirrup down from each one so I get a little more stretch and no heat. The J Pegs are pre-drilled with 2 holes that accept the rod. I stretched black gas line on the rod after bending (grease liberally) I never deploy them in town or around twisty road--straight line use only.

Attachments

·
Registered
929 Posts
Samir said:
I have a 36" inseam so my leg is far from stretched when in use and the heat from the radiator exits the port,hits my leg and gets shoveled up towards me. I bent some 5/16 rod and dropped a stirrup down from each one so I get a little more stretch and no heat..
The above is the same for me...however, It's better than not stretching at all. I found on my trip to Yellowstone I used it typically around 125 mile mark--it helped me make it to the end of my tank's capacity before stopping for fuel.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'm just over 6' and would not have a bike without them again. Easy to open with the tip of my toe, cool off my legs when it is hot, and offer an variable location for stretching legs on the long segments of a trip. Get EM!

·
Premium Member
1,345 Posts
I've had JPegs on both my LTs and use them often on the road. I can push my bum up off the seat once in a while to relieve the pressure. You're spread out a bit like on the Wing but at least you get to stretch. They work for me.............. :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts