BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My right J-Peg wants to work it's way out when riding. Just enought so you can see it. It seems to have a lot of wear where the peg and the roller meet. Should these be lubricated to cut down on that wear? Seems like it to me. Maybe some Door-Ease. The left one stays in fine........I wish they locked both ways, but they don't....... :confused: Heck, for what they cost, they should be electric........in fact, someone asked me one time if they were....... :histerica

·
Registered
495 Posts
Actually being an OB/GYN, I couldn't bring myself to install the J-pegs. I sold them & installed ****-o-Pegs, which (automatically) always stay tucked away when not in use....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Loctite?

I have the same problem with my left J-peg. After reading some other posts on this website concerning legroom, I found http://motogear4you.com/mcart/index.cgi?code=3&cat=3 That shows a J-Peg Replacement Kit J-Peg-R-K kit with Loctite. I have some loctite here and will try it tonite for tomorrow's ride. I don't think I need to replace the bolts yet. If you want, I'll let you know if it works.

·
Registered
507 Posts
rattler50 said:
My right J-Peg wants to work it's way out when riding.
Are you sure the ball bearing and the compression spring is in the Jpeg mount? If so, clean and lubricate (I use bicycle chain "wet grease") the ball bearing and consider stretching the compression spring (so it is longer) to provide more pressure when the ball bearing is detented.

·
Registered
41 Posts
J Pegs

They aren't what they should be for the price! I noticed the retainer on mine bends when I extend them. I also have the same problem with my right peg. I'll experiment, and see what I come up with.

Fred

1 - 5 of 5 Posts