BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any recommendations on where I can find J-pegs for short inseam riders? I have a 29" inseam and I'm considering replacing my lowered floorboards with the stock rider pegs, and using J-pegs and Mick O Pegs for comfort on the long rides. The lowered floorboards are great for comfort, but I still like the stock peg position for better balance and modulation of the brake pedal. I have an Illium lowered brake pedal, but it still does not put the foot in as good a position as the stock peg/brake combination. Now back to J-pegs, anyone with a short inseam use them? I was thinking that it might be good to have the Mick O Pegs and a pair of J-pegs so that I'd have two choices for stretching out, when road, traffic conditions permit. Appreciate the assistance.
Scott

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
SEG said:
Any recommendations on where I can find J-pegs for short inseam riders? I have a 29" inseam and I'm considering replacing my lowered floorboards with the stock rider pegs, and using J-pegs and Mick O Pegs for comfort on the long rides. The lowered floorboards are great for comfort, but I still like the stock peg position for better balance and modulation of the brake pedal. I have an Illium lowered brake pedal, but it still does not put the foot in as good a position as the stock peg/brake combination. Now back to J-pegs, anyone with a short inseam use them? I was thinking that it might be good to have the Mick O Pegs and a pair of J-pegs so that I'd have two choices for stretching out, when road, traffic conditions permit. Appreciate the assistance.
Scott
http://www.motogear4you.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=4
at Just-ride-it-accessoties.com for j-pegs,
http://ridingiswonderful.com/
for the mick-o-pegs
HTH

·
Registered
58 Posts
Two things about the Jpegs and Mick O Pegs combo :

1. I never thought the J Pegs were comfortable at all but out of necessity of a change in position while riding they were tolerable. Once I got the Mick O Pegs I never used the J Pegs anymore.

2. When you do have the combo on your bike, it does take a little maneuvering with your feet to get the J Pegs out....which isn't real cool while flying down the road.

Just my opinion

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the posts; I'm going with just the Mick O Pegs, I'll skip the J-Pegs. Thanks again.
Scott

·
Premium Member
1,411 Posts
Good choice on the MOPs. I have MOPs and Ottomans. I have my feet on the MOPS almost half the time. Hardly ever use the Ottomans.

Jer

·
Registered
659 Posts
Mick O pegs is the best way to go IMHO. Make sure your pants leg doesn't catch on it when dismounting though...good way to become a member of the "I dropped my LT club!" Also remember to let up on them when in a good curve...they can drag. Other than that, you'll love 'em I'm sure.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Hmmm.
To those of you that have scraped your J pegs in favor of something else, I need one of your useless j peg bolts. Those J pegs are no good for ya so send me a bolt. :rolleyes:
Thanks,
Mike
will grovel for a bolt

·
Registered
659 Posts
mjac said:
Hmmm.
To those of you that have scraped your J pegs in favor of something else, I need one of your useless j peg bolts. Those J pegs are no good for ya so send me a bolt. :rolleyes:
Thanks,
Mike
will grovel for a bolt
I'm surprised 1/2" SST shoulder bolts are that hard to find. Maybe there's more to them than I am aware of, but would expect them to be non-custom bolts.

·
Registered
226 Posts
jers99lt said:
Good choice on the MOPs. I have MOPs and Ottomans. I have my feet on the MOPS almost half the time. Hardly ever use the Ottomans.

Jer
Same setup, same comment.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I had the Mick-O-Pegs installed on my K1200LT at a rally in the Tetons in 2006 and love them. Couldn't be more comfortable. I'd recommend them to anyone.

·
Registered
832 Posts
I find J-Pegs best when used one at a time and with a backrest. Just sayin'.....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts