BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The J Pegs did not allow my 36" inseam to extend far enough so I bent some 5/16 (Home Depo) rod to line up with the existing holes and threaded them. I used to get the heat coming from the radiator evacuation port on my inner thigh and it would shoot up towards me. Thats been eliminated but I do get residual heat from the motor on my feet.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,345 Posts
Hmmmmmm, interesting. My 05 seems to be shorter than the 03 was. I feel pushed forward. I ordered some XL Jpegs. I have a set of stainless steel roping spurs I have been trying to figure out how I could make a set of pegs out of them. Must be the ******* in me........... :D

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,556 Posts
Don't forget to tuck them in before leaning into a turn, looks like they would drag. I forget sometimes when using my ****-O-Pegs and get a little surprize as I take a curve in the road.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I also had issues with the J pegs. I still have them on the bike but I added the ****-o-pegs down there. They all fold in but the ****-o-pegs are much, much for stretching the old legs out and they are in a much better position. They go straight down instead of out to the side like the J pegs do. Check them out and the people there are really helpful. I have ridden with the ****-o-pegs for about 10,000 miles and never use the J pegs anymore. :)

·
Registered
241 Posts
Samir said:
The J Pegs did not allow my 36" inseam to extend far enough so I bent some 5/16 (Home Depo) rod to line up with the existing holes and threaded them.
I have the same inseam! With your revision, are your pegs permanently out there? Or, do they fold in still?

·
Super Moderator
1,410 Posts
:yeah: Very nice adaptation to the j-Pegs . . . always nice to see continued improvement and modifications to the farkles!!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
L_Rudy said:
I have the same inseam! With your revision, are your pegs permanently out there? Or, do they fold in still?
They fold in.One photo shows them in the closed position. The only time they're out is on a long straight yawny stretch of hi-way.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts