BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right J-Peg installed perfectly. Left just will not install & work properly.

Problem: After install, it scrubs the wing cover near the rear. The bearing on the front of the J-Peg does not seem to properly seat into the J-Peg holes. It does not "lock" into place when opened nor closed. I have taken it off a dozen times, but I seem to be installing it correctly. Any ideas?

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
Tom,

Is the bearing stuck in the hole?
Is the spring still in the hole?
Those are the two common problems. The third is not getting the bearing in the proper position when mounting the peg.

As for the peg scraping the wing cover - Make sure the small washer on the mounting bolt is there. You can use a slightly larger washer if needed. If all this fails you should be able to get a replacement from J-pegs or the dealer.

good Luck

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks amarider

The problem has got to be with the ball bearing. I installed the J-Peg without the bearing and it moves freely. It is not scraping the plastic and moves back and forth as intended. When I install the bearing, it reverts back to the original problems. I suspect it is something in fabrication of the J-Peg and I have contacted the company. Thanks for your response.

·
Registered
132 Posts
What kind of response did you get from the company? And could you PM me with the contact info, or post it if that is better.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
J-Peg

I called the company today. They are replacing the entire left J-Peg assembly. It has got to be a fabrication issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts