BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having spent 3 days drilling, fileing and dremmeling out the remnants of the old tip over bars to for the LH Jpeg, I went and ignored the instructions and somehow tightened the footrest up onto the ballbearing and damaged the hole!!
The footrest swings about unrestrained and is a PITA

I can't be the only one to have done this - anyone have a fix?

·
Registered
712 Posts
No, But I sure hope my J Peg XL experiance on my '06 LT goes a lot smoother. I've been holding off after surgery (kidney transplant) to do the heavy work on the LT and instead have been concentrating on electrical farkles for my RT.

As an FYI, I suppose you could try and make a bushing from brass, aluminum, or steel tubing.

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ArthurKnowles said:
No, But I sure hope my J Peg XL experiance on my '06 LT goes a lot smoother. I've been holding off after surgery (kidney transplant) to do the heavy work on the LT and instead have been concentrating on electrical farkles for my RT.

As an FYI, I suppose you could try and make a bushing from brass, aluminum, or steel tubing.
I am sure that with a such a new bike as yours, the drop bars will come out without any problem. If not, cut them in half (not flush as I did!)

And if you follow the instructions, there will be no installation problem. I just ddin't follow the instructions

·
Registered
163 Posts
Am I missing something, or can't you buy another set of tip-over bars and start anew?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts