BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I read this topic once, but can not find it again when searching for J&M.

I just bought a new J&M Arai Classic/c helmet with headset installed and the speakers seem to sound like junk. Is this just me, or does anyone else have this problem.

http://www.jmcorp.com/Arai-Clampless.htm

Thanks
Mark

·
Registered
300 Posts
years ago i had a J&M headset sound terrible from the first time i put my ears to them. The J&M folks didn't even ask... they replaced the set andd paid the shipping. maybe there is a bad connect or a fried speaker...

·
Registered
12,165 Posts
MarkEngland said:
I thought I read this topic once, but can not find it again when searching for J&M.

I just bought a new J&M Arai Classic/c helmet with headset installed and the speakers seem to sound like junk. Is this just me, or does anyone else have this problem.

http://www.jmcorp.com/Arai-Clampless.htm

Thanks
Mark
I don't know about the J&M headphones, but the Autocom ones were pretty pitiful. I lived with them for about a year, then someone posted that he had ripped the speakers off a Radio Shack Titanium diaphragm head set and it sounded great. I did the same, and he was right, that sounded FAR better. Much better bass and high frequency, no overdriving when the volume was turned up like the Autocom headphones.

·
Registered
202 Posts
dshealey said:
I don't know about the J&M headphones, but the Autocom ones were pretty pitiful. I lived with them for about a year, then someone posted that he had ripped the speakers off a Radio Shack Titanium diaphragm head set and it sounded great. I did the same, and he was right, that sounded FAR better. Much better bass and high frequency, no overdriving when the volume was turned up like the Autocom headphones.
The Radio Shack Model is now labelled as made by KOSS, model M35 Pro. Titanium. They sound much better than J & M. What's up with J&M getting that money for crap?

I used to crank the bikes speakers just to get any bass, until one day I realized I was listening to my "You can learn Korean in 10 minutes-a-day" CD at quite an excessive volume in a busy pedestrian zone.:eek:

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
MarkEngland said:
Pauline has the Classic too, and she really likes the sound. I would bet you could get some real satisfaction by contacting them directly. Click here to get in contact with John Lazzeroni. He has been helpful for other things, I'd bet he would want to help you too.

·
Registered
202 Posts
RT_COOP said:
The Radio Shack Model is now labelled as made by KOSS, model M35 Pro. Titanium.
Errr, make that KOSS Model Pro35A Titanium.:eek:

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ErnieA

FYI:

I contacted John Lazzeroni (thank you for the suggestion) who informed me that the problem is with my BMW, and the headset installed is the best on the market and the problem is not with their helmet.

Lesson learned!!

Thanks for the information, at least I tried.
Mark

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update

FYI:
After talking with my BMW service guy, he checked both my bike and helmet and stated everything is working fine. It appears that my "expectation" was (or is) too high.

Maybe someday, Bose will release a helmet speaker.

Mark

·
Old Dawg
3,295 Posts
I have the same J&M helmets and yes the speakers suck. The speakers they use are junk and it's a shame they blame it on BMW. I know this because I had custom earplugs with built in speakers made that interface the comm system and they sound so sweet in comparison. I have been thinking about changing out the speakers eventually on the helmet to improve the fidelity.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts