BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 2001 K1200 LT , I went to start the bike today and plugged in my J&M headset, and it's ceased from working, no music, no microphone, nothing. Any idea what could it be? Thanks

·
Registered
129 Posts
any maintenance done lately? I pulled a wire under the stingray one time when putting it back together. Do the bike speakers work? If not I would check the fuses.

Also check the connector in the middle of the wire from the helmet to the bike. Mine came loose although it looked like it was connected. Pull apart look at connector to make sure the connections are clean and put back together.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lstinthot said:
any maintenance done lately? I pulled a wire under the stingray one time when putting it back together. Do the bike speakers work? If not I would check the fuses.

Also check the connector in the middle of the wire from the helmet to the bike. Mine came loose although it looked like it was connected. Pull apart look at connector to make sure the connections are clean and put back together.
The speakers on the bike work fine, one of the headsets is brand new too and the cable as well. But do you know if the telecommunication system on the bike has a seperate fuse or relay? Thanks

·
Registered
276 Posts
Did you ever figure this out? I was testing an FRS connection yesterday and my entire COM system ceased to function. I could use the speakers, but the HS/EXT switch to put the sound into my helmet ceased to function - and PTT did not activate the FRS. I am thinking I may have hosed it up by plugging/unplugging the FRS and the helmet cable while it was on???

I am going to search for the COM fuse tonight and see if that's it.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Yes, there is a comm fuse. 15a I believe.

PS: Your avatar photo brought a smile. I used to own a fourth of 201 about 20 years ago.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I will look for that fuse tonight. Thank you.

Ahhhh yes, I love our M20J. Quite the fine machine - in fact I relate to my flying friends that the K1200LT is to motorcycles as the M20J is to 4 seat aircraft.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts