BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my dealer install the BMW branded J&M CB radio. This is well after my own attempt at getting a Midland to work and then gave up in frustration.

So the dealer installed it and also installed the BMW antenna on the front of the bike. This is the stock radio aerial which is modified by BMW to work as a CB antenna. So should be neat and tidy, really.

Recieving on the CB system is absolutely fine, but when I transmit it is OK if the bikes are a few feet from each other, but as soon as we are 50 feet apart, then the static for my riding partner overshadows the voice.

I still have in the bike an obsolete 12 foor antenna cable running under the tank and seat which was used for the original antenna on the back of the bike. Would this affect the ability to transmit?

If anyone has any ideas, I would be very grateful to hear!!!

Thanks
Kevin

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I really do hope someone can help you. REALLY.

You see I have a similair problem. My original Midland CB on my '02 K12LT was dead in that it didn't recieve or transmit anything. It wouldn't even receive the weather band. That was no big deal as the bike radio has WB. I replaced mine with the new Midland. Now I have WB (like I needed it) and can only receive on the CB but cannot transmit with my headset and PTT. Other riders here the mic key up but no sound. BUT, if I use the PTT on the radio itself (while stopped of course) everyone can hear me? :confused:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts