BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a used low mileage 2000 LT and was looking at a pair of J foot pegs that retract under the tip over bumper. Does anyone have a review of them. I may be interested in buying a pair. Thanks

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Take a look at the MOP's also before you buy.

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
I love mine. On a long trip they extend my range by hours. Being able to have 2 different riding positions is a great facility

·
Registered
321 Posts
J-Pegs come in two configurations. I have the XL. If you have very long legs, I think you would want to go with the XL.
I use mine quite a bit. I think the gas mileage drops a little with my big 12s out there in the wind, but it really helps to have a 2nd foot position on longer trips. Overall, I would add them if I did not have them.
One other note, not sure if it happens with the standard J-Pegs, but with the XLs, if your bike happens to nap on one of them, the tip of the J-Peg will poke a small hole in the lower body panel. Don't ask me how I know. :eek:

Jeff

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
justlookin said:
J-Pegs come in two configurations. I have the XL. If you have very long legs, I think you would want to go with the XL.
I use mine quite a bit. I think the gas mileage drops a little with my big 12s out there in the wind, but it really helps to have a 2nd foot position on longer trips. Overall, I would add them if I did not have them.
One other note, not sure if it happens with the standard J-Pegs, but with the XLs, if your bike happens to nap on one of them, the tip of the J-Peg will poke a small hole in the lower body panel. Don't ask me how I know. :eek:

Jeff
Standard JPegs don't do that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts