BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was riding down I-25 this afternoon in Colorado Springs and the local HD dealer is also now the new BMW dealer. Who'd a thunk that?

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
The H-D Dealer in Grand Junction, Co is also a BMW dealer. I had to purchase a tire there for CCR Midway, and I am still feeling the pain, $140.00 to install the rear tire plus the cost of the tire!

·
Registered
579 Posts
Same story in Hartford Conn.

·
Registered
910 Posts
My guess is that downsizing several quality brands into one showroom is going to be more interesting in the near future.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Same is true in Chicago, no?

·
Registered
509 Posts
VRodPet said:
Same is true in Chicago, no?
Yep, although Chicago Harley has three locations (Glenview, IL, Chicago on Ohio Street, and Chicago on Western Ave.) whereas BMW is only at the Chicago-Western Ave. location.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
blueknightga6 said:
My local dealer had added Husqvarna and has just added Ducati.
Husqvarna is now owned by BMW. That means you can now buy a BMW lawnmower... :histerica What is the world coming too?

·
Registered
564 Posts
So that story released on 1 April that BMW bought Harley IS true?

·
Premium Member
2,024 Posts
Hey, Wolfgang, I'm looking forward to my BMW chain saw and string trimmer? :histerica

·
Premium Member
3,108 Posts
"Husqvarna is now owned by BMW. That means you can now buy a BMW lawnmower... What is the world coming too?"

Well fine!!!!!!! Now I need to rebuild my lawnmower every two years.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
It has to be easier to find than that ride up towards the Zoo............. :histerica

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
deanwoolsey said:
"Husqvarna is now owned by BMW. That means you can now buy a BMW lawnmower... What is the world coming too?"

Well fine!!!!!!! Now I need to rebuild my lawnmower every two years.
Nah, just the final drive.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Wolfgang said:
Husqvarna is now owned by BMW. That means you can now buy a BMW lawnmower... :histerica What is the world coming too?

I can't afford a BMW lawnmower. The price of tires, oil changes, HID lights for night time mowing, etc would kill me.

·
Premium Member
3,108 Posts
Hmmmmm....... now I'm thinking R1300 engine on a ZTR. Smooth, powerful, lawn mowing at 160 MPH with no handlebar fatigue. I need a test ride.

·
Premium Member
3,872 Posts
What kind of oil would be the best in a BMW lawnmower?

Where do you think they will hide the air filter?

:histerica :rotf: :histerica :rotf: :histerica

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
I can vaguely hear the marketing department from here ....

2 wheeled lawn mowers
4 wheeled motorcycles
Along with all the cool tassel equipped clothing :p and recycled styles of a by gone era .....

·
Registered
30 Posts
Don't forget the heated hand grips and the ABS with cruise control for those challenging curves on the front lawn!! :histerica

·
Registered
276 Posts
Ahhh... I can see it now. The new BMW Mower Forum along with someone in California (no offense - you just get to mow year round in SoCal) hosting the first Mower Tech Day.

Will Evan have to make a new trunk latch mod?

Will Darius make floorboards?

This is a whole new market for PIAA.

Who will be the first with a Cee Bailey's windscreen on their mower

or a Russell Seat mod?

The possibilities are endless.

VRP

1 - 20 of 27 Posts