BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
See what did I tell you. Not a problem. I don't mind waiting at all when the waitings over!!!!
I have it. It's here. I've ridden it. Do I sound happy?
YOU BET! Finally picked the 04 K1200lt It's actually new "no miles". Got if for a great price. Full two year BMW warranty the works. The 04 even comes with a tool kit.
First thing I did go home to pick up Catherine.... Get home she's not there. OK go around to Friends house show him the bike. We do a lot of ridding together. Back home, cathy's on the mobile to me before I get home. She can't wait for a ride as well. We went out even though it was raining just a little bit. Did around 100klm. We rode up to Coolum beach, Mooloolaba and Alexandra Headland. So far so good I'm really enjoying everything about the bike.
I will post some pictures probably tomorrow. I was going to take some pictures today but it was dark by the time we got home. Try and catch up with you all tomorrow. If I can drag myself of the LT that is.

Regards all Nick

·
Premium Member
783 Posts
Heres wishing many smiles and happy miles to you on the new bike. Me and the wife rode about 600 miles this weekend in central Texas. The weather was fantastic! :D

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
David, Stephen & Jake. Thanks for your best wishes.
Hello to all the regular guys.
Second day now, I have a little over 200klm on her.
I hadn't seen the bike before picked it up. Other than one photo. I had ridden the dealers 05 Demo, It was optioned up a fair bit. It had the soft seats, top rack, Alarm etc.
The screen was a lot bigger than the one on my bike as well. It was one of the things I wasn't sure if I liked. When I had it right up you could not look over it and it seemed to distort your view a fair bit. The bike I got has a smaller screen, when it is all the way up I can just see over the top but it's much better to look through as well. the seats are the standard still pretty soft compared to what I'm used to, but so far I'm finding them better than the really soft upgraded seat on the demo. I find I can flat foot the bike on both low and high seat position but in the high position I can't get enough height out of the screen. I think the angle of the seat feels better on the low position as well. Any way so far the bike seems like it's made to measure. Not having to much trouble with the low speed stuff so far "Touch wood". I'll try and post a couple of pictures below.

Attachments

·
Registered
820 Posts
Its about time...

Spike,
Glad to hear you finally got your new LT.

I like the photos you did, now all you need to do is get Catherine taking photos of your wheelies, burnouts and stoppies and i will be *REALLY* impressed!

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Hey nice Spike!
Looks good on your drive, no problems with colour eh?
Mate... have great fun with it, in no time it'll seem a whole lot smaller than it does now. Then the fun really starts ;-)
Enjoy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts