BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Enjoy The Ride
3,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had enough of the punks that blast there stereos & sub-woofers that vibrate next to me at stop lights. My winter project (I hope) for my LT is to upgrade my radio to the Jensen marine radio at 50 watts per speaker with a separate 400 watt four channel amp. Next I want to install a 8 or 10 inch sub-woofer speaker underneath the passenger backrest with it's own amp. I'll know in the next week or so how much I'll be able to bump up the stock alternator to maximum amp. output. This all depends if I can do this with the stock size battery.

Ok you electronic minded people is this possible?. I'm still in the search mode for 4 marine 5 1/4" speakers & one 8 or 10" marine sub-woofer speaker.

·
Registered
910 Posts
The blues brothers did it with the giant speaker on top..
Wonder if a helmet adapter can be made... :D

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Maybe just a few of those "Loud-Ass" air horns that you can "pulse" to their "beat".

I'm no audiophile, but, I think you can install enough power to make a statement.

I'm voting for a Paint Ball loaded with some Hi-Vis green or something. You can use it to mark the A-Holes so we can all know who they are, the more green, the bigger the hole. Can be used for all sorts of violations. Maybe a color coded key?

Yeh, the piss me off to. Boom-Chucka-Lucka

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
Not an answer to your question, Dave, but I'm liking the paintball concept. Or - better yet, IMO - some kind of electronic device that you point at the offending audio system and it temporarily shuts it down, knocks it out, whatever. No permanent damage, just render it silent for a few minutes, then honk, wave, and smile as you pass him.

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
Hey Saddleman, I'm aboard. I can't answer your question, but I'd be leaning toward a directional speaker. Maybe mount it on top of your luggage rack and rotate it electronically or manually toward the offending vehicle. The way I see it, his speakers have to go through the passenger compartment, and yours (or mine) would point directly into his window.

A long time ago, the neighbor kids behind me decided to blast their devil worship music into my backyard. I pulled my big-assed speakers out, put them at @ 5' height, and let 250 amps per channel fly. After 1/2 hr., I couldn't hardly hear their racket. I donno, maybe I blew out my eardrums.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Anti vehicle electronic counter measure. Device emits microwaves thereby disabling electronic components of a vehicle. Also wipes out nearby computers and other electronic items.

·
Registered
607 Posts
seahabit said:
Hey Saddleman, I'm aboard. I can't answer your question, but I'd be leaning toward a directional speaker. Maybe mount it on top of your luggage rack and rotate it electronically or manually toward the offending vehicle. The way I see it, his speakers have to go through the passenger compartment, and yours (or mine) would point directly into his window.

A long time ago, the neighbor kids behind me decided to blast their devil worship music into my backyard. I pulled my big-assed speakers out, put them at @ 5' height, and let 250 amps per channel fly. After 1/2 hr., I couldn't hardly hear their racket. I donno, maybe I blew out my eardrums.

GOOGLE is my best friend:

Directed Acoustic Weapons
In the past, acoustic non lethal weapons were primarily used as "flash bang" weapons. When blasted over a crowd or in a room, they created a loud noise and bright flash incapacitated people exposed to the effect for a few seconds. Flash bang charges are used on forced entry and counter-terror operations, when hostages are involved. As they indiscriminately hit every human exposed to the effect, operation of "flash-bang" requires precise timing and procedures to maximize effect on hostiles and eliminate potential damage to friendly forces.

Currently, acoustics are far more advanced than mere noise. Following the impressive technology advancement in solid state electronics, advanced acoustic systems are becoming operational. In 2004 American soldiers in Iraq were equipped with a Long Range Acoustic Device (LRAD) used for land based and naval applications. LARD works like a highly directional, high power megaphone, able to blast sounds (such as crowd-dispersal instructions in Arabic) in a narrow beam and with great clarity at a deafening 150 decibels (50 times the human threshold of pain). LRAD can also create deafening noises which can incapacitate people within 300 meters by "firing" short bursts of intense acoustic energy.

A different acoustic weapon is the vehicle mounted Acoustic Blaster, developed by PRIMEX Physics International. This weapon can be used for area denial, and against selected groups in crowds, mobs and rioters or in a hostile situation. The weapon can be operated by a single person. So far the system was developed as a prototype consisting of an array of four combustion detonation driven devices fired simultaneously or independently. The detonation creates an acoustic pressure of up to 165dB at a distance of 15 meters. The resulting acoustic pressure waveform can be optimized for acoustic-physiological coupling to targets for antipersonnel applications. The US Air Force Research Laboratory (ARL) is also working on a Sequential Arc Discharge Acoustic Generator (SADAG) which produces high-intensity impulsive sound waves generated by electrical means.

A different acoustic weapon is the high power acoustic phased array of 36 horns which can focus the acoustic output at the target. The high power noise created within the target can incapacitate humans from a standoff range. The system can be mounted on a tactical vehicle, and radiate a narrow, high power steerable acoustic beam, disorientating humans. Both horizontal and vertical beams can be formed simultaneously to create a point effect within buildings.

A different application is the shockwave weapon, employing the Vortex Ring Gun system. Generating high power shockwave propagating at supersonic speed, Vortex ring Guns can generate high pressures which inflict considerable damage to a target, or carry a payload of kinetic or chemical agents over a distance beyond 20 meters.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Another idea would be to mount a couple of 20mm Vulcans on a rotating rack. You could utilize a sound sensor rigged to trigger the array at a particular db level and zero in on the source. Would be handy to get through heavy traffic too!
Of course you'd have to solve the problem of ammunition weight, but a large trailer might work to carry the 60,000 rounds you'd need. The feed racks should be long enough to reach the rack. Some might consider the Vulcans to be a bit noisy, though.
Please know that this setup wouldn't do much for overall handling, especially when exercising the Vulcans. :histerica

·
Registered
719 Posts
saddleman said:
I've had enough of the punks that blast there stereos & sub-woofers that vibrate next to me at stop lights. My winter project (I hope) for my LT is to upgrade my radio to the Jensen marine radio at 50 watts per speaker with a separate 400 watt four channel amp. Next I want to install a 8 or 10 inch sub-woofer speaker underneath the passenger backrest with it's own amp. I'll know in the next week or so how much I'll be able to bump up the stock alternator to maximum amp. output. This all depends if I can do this with the stock size battery.

Ok you electronic minded people is this possible?. I'm still in the search mode for 4 marine 5 1/4" speakers & one 8 or 10" marine sub-woofer speaker.
if it really bothers you that much,,,why not lay on your horn ?

·
Registered
710 Posts
that all seems like a lot of trouble. Just ride the H-D with the drag pipes. :histerica

·
Enjoy The Ride
3,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Keep rolling your thoughts in :D What I really want to know is will my LT battery be up to the job. The deal breaker will be if I have to put a second batt. in the side case.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
I don't like 'em much myself,
but this sure sounds like,
you can't beat 'em, (at being obnoxious)
so you wanna join 'em????

·
Registered
55 Posts
I would not waste your money if you are serious. We have a riding buddy
[wing owner} who has tried to up grade his stereo with a separate amp and sub woofers, not only has he taken up all his space in his bags but it is not that impressive.
Now if you mount your speakers with your amps in a separate trailer you might be able to do it.

·
Registered
607 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,546 Posts
saddleman said:

This would be more fun. http://www.amazing1.com/emp.htm

·
Registered
910 Posts
This is way more cooler than those ads in the comic books as we rad as a kid.. Seems more adduct like..lol :D

·
Registered
607 Posts
motorhead said:
Aside from the dick heads in the video, yea that should counter loud music quite well.

But of course.

The power should only be used for good and not evil.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts