BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my first ride of 2008 yesterday. After several months in the garage, with a battery tender attached, the LT started up right away. Wow! My previous ride always took lots of coaxing to get going in the spring, but the LT acted like it was mid summer! Gotta love it!

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
Just today installed some rolling sun shades on the outside of my west facing windows since it is starting to get freaking hot.

I figure I've got about another 2 weeks before I have to park the LT for 6 months. :D

·
Human Behaviour Analyst
267 Posts
RonKMiller said:
I stop riding when it gets above 85F.

I figure I've got about another 2 weeks before I have to park the LT for 6 months. :D
Stop riding when it`s warm :confused:
You`re high again aren`t you Ron :crazy: :crazy:
Here, when the snow is less than 12 inches deep, we ride. May happen by June. :cussing:
K

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
wkclark said:
Stop riding when it`s warm :confused:
You`re high again aren`t you Ron :crazy: :crazy:
Here, when the snow is less than 12 inches deep, we ride. May happen by June. :cussing:
K
Oh yeah, that's right - I forgot. Darned Alzheimers. :D

I'll just HAVE to go to Vail again for the summer. Hey, someone's got to do it, eh?

Gotta see some snow sometime! ;)

·
Registered
630 Posts
RonKMiller said:
Oh yeah, that's right - I forgot. Darned Alzheimers. :D

I'll just HAVE to go to Vail again for the summer. Hey, someone's got to do it, eh?

Gotta see some snow sometime! ;)
Cruel, Ron, and heatless, too. :)

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
dmacd said:
Took my first ride of 2008 yesterday.
I'm not surprised. I was in Kitchener 2 weeks ago and couldn't believe the piles and piles of snow. And the cold just wouldn't quit. I talked to family yesterday and heard that it's finally getting up to 10 degrees and most of the snow is gone... If it weren't for family I would have promised myself never again long ago...

Get out and enjoy it. Winter is like only 6 months away dude... :(

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep Mark, lots of snow. We set a record for snowfall this year, but like you said, it's mostly gone now. Still, until we get a good rain, there's some salt left on the roads, and I don't want to get that all over my baby. Rain is called for this week, so my riding season is about to start shortly. In spite of the winters, Kitchener-Waterloo is a great place to live.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts