BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My electric center stand has not worked all summer. I've had been too lazy to remove it to see what the problem might be. One of the most technically knowledgeable members of the board (jzeller) lives about 75 miles from me and offered to help me fix it but I just never found the time to get up there...

Anyway, tonight when I came out of Starbucks, I put the bike in reverse to back-up and a memory came over me that someone had said that his center stand worked when in reverse. I couldn't remember if I had tried it, so I pushed the button and there was the sound of the pump working and lifting the bike!!!!! I took it out of reverse and the stand worked again!!!!

IT"S A MIRACLE !!!!

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
There was a commercial for Xerox many moons ago. So long ago that I can't remember if the characters were monks or angels. A light shines down on them. They raise their hands, palms up just below shoulder level, look toward heaven, and one of them says, "Another miracle."

Sounds like the centerstand fix happened just that way too. Glad it's working again.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,251 Posts
Kim,

I found that old post last night and decided to use my special powers and send you a Christmas present. Glad you got it.:yeah:

Now I have to try and figure out what your failure mode was and how reverse fixed it.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Yep! Pretty sure this qualifies as a bona fide miracle! The shrine of the Immaculate Centerstand!

Think if we could get our bikes to the shrine that all final drive ills would be cured?

·
Registered
659 Posts
jzeiler said:
Kim,

I found that old post last night and decided to use my special powers and send you a Christmas present. Glad you got it.:yeah:

Now I have to try and figure out what your failure mode was and how reverse fixed it.
Hey John...can you use those special powers on my clutch??? (-; Merry Christmas all!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts