BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this topic has been done half to death but here and in the Harley forums I have, for many years now, not seen any one diffinitive answer. I have read many suggestions ,many tried and true from the sanitation jokester to the real sufferer. Those of us who do deal with this mallady have had many a great ride virtually ruined because of constantly itching and scratching.
One of my customers was an A6 Intruder pilot / state police motorcycle officer and suffered through the condition for years. He was able to lessen (not cure) his problem by using a slightly larger helmet and a silky or slik type head liner.
http://www.whitehorsegear.com/silky-motorcycle-helmet-liner
My doctor suggested it could be 'traction alopecia' and when I started researching it I found a British product called Menthogen. http://www.menthogen.co.uk/
I have used it four times now with amazing results. I'll know more when it begins warming up and we start perspiring again.
Congratulations to those who don't know what I'm talking about, but for those who do, keep trying anything and everything to make our riding the joy it's meant to be. I hope these suggestions also work for you.

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
I don't think you asked for another opinion butt here goes... I do use liners and nothing, I also use LDComfort's new liner, butt I believe if you faithfully use Head n' Shoulders shampoo the morning before you plan to ride, leave it 'soak' on your head for 5min, then rinse thoroughly you will find major improvement. I use it for sure after a long ride and I don't have problems with the itch. YMMV

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
The last couple of weeks they are advertising a specific 'itchy scalp' shampoo. The problem is recognized. (broken foot, I am watching too much TV, sorry).

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
GEEZE, I'll bet that explains why I see all those Harley riding around Florida without helmets!:brick:

·
Premium Member
4,879 Posts
okennon said:
He was able to lessen (not cure) his problem by using a slightly larger helmet and a silky or slik type head liner..
I've used a "Silky" type of product for many years because it really keeps the inside of your helmet clean. Makes it a lot easier to put the helmet on too, especially if you wear sunglasses. I actually use several and rotate them into the wash ever week. Keeps the helmet a lot cleaner and smelling better too.

Also, don't store your gloves inside your helmet for the same reason.

Works on all makes and models of motorcycles...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts