BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So decided to take the Bullet out for a spin. For the first time I thought I'd use the highway pegs. Not good! First, does anyone really use them? I found them hard to use because the side bumpers were partially in the way. Very awkward. At the first traffic light I kicked them back in.

·
Premium Member
7,565 Posts
Which brand of highway pegs? I used the JPegs on all three of my LTs and found them to be quite comfortable in most riding conditions.

·
Premium Member
2,958 Posts
EddieLo said:
At the first traffic light I kicked them back in.
Traffic light? Don't use mine until at least the 3rd hour on a trip and then only for 10-15 minutes to just have a different leg angle.

I also find that I do get a cool breeze up the pant leg because they are out past the aerodynamic shelter of the tupperware.

·
Registered
593 Posts
If either of you want to sell your Jpegs send me a PM. Thank you

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
DavidTaylor said:
Which brand of highway pegs? I used the JPegs on all three of my LTs and found them to be quite comfortable in most riding conditions.
David, I don't know the brand, but each has the small BMW round logo on the top of the peg.

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,459 Posts
EddieLo said:
So decided to take the Bullet out for a spin. For the first time I thought I'd use the highway pegs. Not good! First, does anyone really use them? I found them hard to use because the side bumpers were partially in the way. Very awkward. At the first traffic light I kicked them back in.
Eddie - those are called 'Jpegs' and are the original version. A later version had a dogleg in the footbar to allow for longer legged riders to comfortably hang a foot.

If you decide to sell 'em, be sure you get the buyer's original OEM tip over tube bar that attaches to the frame. The Jpegs have their own bulk (billet aluminum?) frame attachment that replaced the OEM tip over/crash bar. You will need the OEMs.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dick said:
Eddie - those are called 'Jpegs' and are the original version. A later version had a dogleg in the footbar to allow for longer legged riders to comfortably hang a foot.

If you decide to sell 'em, be sure you get the buyer's original OEM tip over tube bar that attaches to the frame. The Jpegs have their own bulk (billet aluminum?) frame attachment that replaced the OEM tip over/crash bar. You will need the OEMs.
Well, Dick, I kinda thank you for all this info, kinda because I kinda don't understand what you're saying. But hey, sometimes I don't understand my wife of 55 years. ;)
So what does the "J" stand for anyway? What is a "dogleg?" I"m not planning to sell them so I guess I don't have to worry about what is a "frame attachment" or a "tipover/crash" bar is.
btw, at around 6:45pm today I was supposed to be flying just above Boerne on the way to Houston. Early this morning I get a wakeup call from SWA. My flight to Houston out of San Jose was cancelled. I asked why, she said maintenance problem. I guess the engines wouldn't start, or something like that. She asked if I wanted to fly earlier but that meant having to rush so I declined. Going out tomorrow instead, same times. So tomorrow at about 6:45, look up and I'll give 'ya a wave as I zoom across the Texas sky.
you all take care you hear?
Eddie

1 - 10 of 10 Posts