·
Premium Member
5,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
5,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This is only an example of the first gen of new devices. Just like the iPhone was initially only with ATT there will soon be devices like that on all carriers.

·
THE Democracy Doctor
5,694 Posts
andy said:
Watch those demonstrations, this is the future of computing. Today new phones are being introduced which can share your desktop and mobile computing needs. by th end of this year I predict that many others will follow this path, and if M$ is not already going down the same path they will vanish into oblivion rather quickly.

http://www.droiddog.com/<wbr>android-blog/2011/01/motorola-<wbr>atrix-set-to-launch-march-1st/
WOW! What a beautiful thought!! Nothing would be a more fitting END to MS and that scam-artist that started all this foolishness..... :)

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Windows will be right there with Android and Apple.

jayjacobson said:
Nothing would be a more fitting END to MS and that scam-artist that started all this foolishness..... :)
Wow. MS haters need a new writer. *yawn*

·
THE Democracy Doctor
5,694 Posts
messenger13_ver2 said:
Windows will be right there with Android and Apple.

Wow. MS haters need a new writer. *yawn*
There is no "hate," Joe, and I don't need to "write," either. ALL my PC's (4 of them) use Windoz. That being said, MS/Windoz has the reputation they deserve! I just call it as I see it....:)

So, perhaps the next "writer" can be a little more objective? :D

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
It's tough keeping up with all this technology... Clicky :histerica

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
I suppose this means it's time for me to retire my Abacass,,,,,,,,,,,,,?

·
THE Democracy Doctor
5,694 Posts
Palerider said:
I suppose this means it's time for me to retire my Abacass,,,,,,,,,,,,,?
NO! Because when ALL else fails......:D
hallzee said:
It's tough keeping up with all this technology... Clicky :histerica
:histerica Thank you! :rotf:

·
Registered
912 Posts
IOS has little to do with OS/X. iPhones and iPads are not Macs.
Android O/S is not Google's proposed desktop O/S
Yet Windows 7 phone is ... we may never know at the rate sales are dropping.

As much as Windows has done for the world of computing, unless Balmer changes direction, Windows may be down to where Apple is. Its hard to see Windows Phone 7 competing in a market with RIM BB, Apple iPhones and Google Droid. Especially with commercials touting how little use it is.

Andy, I think you hit the nail right on the head about this being the future of computing.

As for going with AT&T, I think they went with GSM. AT&T meant four things for Apple. AT&T was the only vendor who agreed to let Apple and end-users add phones to the network. GSM was a direct route to a world marketplace for the iPhone. SIM cards allow easy migration to new phones. And technologically, on AT&T's GSM and GPRS allowed Apple to run data and voice alongside each other. I am sure Apple never realized how bad the AT&T voice network was in large metropolitan areas, but I doubt they would have given up on the benefits.

And no, I am no AT&T fanboy. I tried Cingular Wireless's GSM years ago. Worked okay downstate, but stunk big time in Chicagoland. I move to Verizon and CDMA long ago and have rarely dropped a call, indoors or out. Okay, once in an elevator. But I hate not being able to get calls while reading mail and browsing on my droid. Well, perhaps later this year. It has been technically feasible on CDMA for two years, but it requires significant tower upgrades.

So while the VZ iPhone 4 can be a wi-fi hotspot for 5 devices, don't expect to get or make calls while doing it.

LTE may fix that.

Bill

·
THE Democracy Doctor
5,694 Posts
WildBil said:
.....And technologically, on AT&T's GSM and GPRS allowed Apple to run data and voice alongside each other.....
ATT hit me up with that several years ago, now: "you walk AND chew gum at the same time!" NO! NO I can't! :eek:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts