BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm remounting my side cases, and the top forward torx head screw on both the right and left cases will not catch the fastener for tightening. Is the top side case fastener a different size then the remainder used on the LT?

Rob, 2000LT
Navarre, FL

Attachments

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
I'm remounting my side cases, and the top forward torx head screw on both the right and left cases will not catch the fastener for tightening. Is the top side case fastener a different size then the remainder used on the LT?

Rob, 2000LT
Navarre, FL
I know there are at least 3 different length fairing screws in use on the LT. Which one are you trying? Easy to get them mixed up.

If I am looking at the correct screw on the BMW FICHE,

07 11 9 901 496 FILLISTER-HEAD SCREW - M6X18

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for checking, I tried all three length screws with no success. Initially I thought I was using the wrong length screw. What I'm wondering is whether the screw thickness is larger for the fastener. I'll check the microfiche tonight. I'm dressing her now.

Rob, 2000LT
Navarre, FL

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,254 Posts
Yup that one is an M6 all the rest are M5.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks John, good to know. I did find the correct sized M6 screw. It was one for the LT Shelf bracket that I installed in April. Self induced confusion after a long day in a hot garage.

Rob, 2000 LT
Navarre, FL

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts