BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems to be various explanations of various com systems out there and I hate to give inaccurate info...

Attachments

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Hoss, if memory serves me correct (and that is getting more difficult as time flys by these days!) the first two pics are both BC-1 units. The one you have labeled as a "V.O.I.C.E. 1" is actually the BC-2. The BC-3 is correct, and is also known as the Comm Sys. I do not have any experience with the "V.O.I.C.E." units, so the one you are calling a "V.O.I.C.E. II" may be that or a "V.O.I.C.E. 1". All I can say is that it is definately one of the "V.O.I.C.E." style units.

HTH,

John

·
Registered
860 Posts
I read it as....

Top two are BC1's...

Voice 1 is a BC2.

BC3 is a BC3.

VOICE II is a VOICE II.

I'm trying to find the doc's that indicate the BC3 was called a VOICE I (and/or vice versa) after BMW took on the J&M responsibilities and made some modest (yeah, right) improvements...

My .02 cents... this is Tuesday, right?

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is why I did this...To drive us all nuts. Here is the rub.
:p The BC1 has a toggle, confirmed by ownership of another member who has the documentation. (Webcrum) don't think this is up for questions.
:p The BC2 pictured is different only by the missing toggle replaced by a knob. I found someone had posted a top view picture of a new open box, and it did note "BC2"
:p The BC3 pictured is just falling in line with the same vernacular. It is only mentioned by OEM as the "comsystem" Probly because its the only one that worked good and it was not made by germans.
:p The Voice I- has the same body as the first two generations but adds adjustments. Again another picture of the unit from the top outside of the oddments case reveled the "Voice I" verbiage but also "BC2a"
:p Voice II is not open to debate as its the newest....

Just adding WTF's to the form, if you will...

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
See below...

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts