BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From a recent BMW press release:

"....Continuation of product offensive

In addition to the expansion in the field of urban mobility, core segments from the 650 single-cylinder entry-level bike to the
6-cylinder luxury tourer will also be selectively expanded. "

:eek:

·
Registered
596 Posts
Key word ( SELECTIVLY )

·
IBR# 366
16,569 Posts
I'd be happy if they can pull another 50 lbs off of the K16, not add a bunch more crap to it . . . :cool:

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
meese said:
I'd be happy if they can pull another 50 lbs off of the K16, not add a bunch more crap to it . . . :cool:
Does lighter make it better for touring.
I can't speak of what I do not know. I had ridden a Goldwing just prior to my LT.
26 years on one and now 3 years on this. Plus touring more than ever I have encountered heavier stiffer winds. I like how I managed in those conditions and welcomed the weight. I do almost no city riding so those slow maneuvers are not my biggest concern. With you extensive resume' of riding/touring would you say that tourers like these can be down sized even more and still be worth their weight in gold, no pun intended.
ride safe :bmw:

·
Premium Member
7,819 Posts
RonKMiller said:
From a recent BMW press release:

"....Continuation of product offensive

In addition to the expansion in the field of urban mobility, core segments from the 650 single-cylinder entry-level bike to the
6-cylinder luxury tourer will also be selectively expanded. "
If this results in some additional K1600-based choices that would be cool. Something with even more comfort, wind protection, etc.

Looking forward to what they roll out - or not. :)

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
When I test rode the K1600 I thhought it rode amazingly, much smaller and lighter then expected.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts