BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 2000 LTC with the BMW Com system.

I tried plugging my 2.5mm headphone jack into either of the com system female jacks on the front panel.....one is a just a little too big.....the other was just a little too small.

I do have the cassette player.....so,....know that I can use a cassete MP3 interface,.....but would rather do a cleaner plug and play if that is an option.

Is there a way to get audio in using plug in cables?

Also..........what is the best way to do Audio output for helmet speakers??

Brian in Austin

·
Registered
654 Posts
It sounds like you have a BC1 or BC2 comm system installed. The plugs are for a cell phone or FRS connection. The cassette interface is your best option for an mp3 connection. There are IPod interfaces that connect to the CD changer wiring, but nothing I know of for generic mp3s. For audio to you helmet, if you do have a BC1/2 installed, look for a covered connector under your trip computer readout or on the stingray. You will need the bike to rider cable and of course the speakers in your helmet. If you do a search on BC2 you should find lots of info.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Brian,

I have the BMW Comm system in my 2003 LTE and will be at the RTE in Centerville on Saturday. I'd be glad to help you with what I know about it if you are going.

Ron

2003 LTE Silver

·
Registered
659 Posts
Radio Shack has 2.5mm => 3.5mm converter plugs.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
kellenbenz said:
Brian,

I have the BMW Comm system in my 2003 LTE and will be at the RTE in Centerville on Saturday. I'd be glad to help you with what I know about it if you are going.

Ron

2003 LTE Silver
I see where Centerville is.....Generally not much good riding East of 35 in Central TX......Are there any interesting roads between Austin and Centerville?

What is RTE.....I know I have seen it here....but dont remember what it is (Hey, Im workin with a 60 year old brain here)

Brian

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
RTE = Ride To Eat

The South Central group does this monthly or more often. Chance to get together,swap lies,eat and have pie.

dan

·
Registered
989 Posts
Just use the cassette

Reid said:
Radio Shack has 2.5mm => 3.5mm converter plugs.
These jacks are not audio. As said above, one is for a cell-phone adapter, the other for CB/FRS radio PTT. Do not force audio signal, you may either burn out your device or damage the intercom head.

Later (CD-based) ComSystem intercoms have the AUX input in the rear - for which a special adapter cable and a preamp is needed. You are all set with the cassette.

I had a '00 LT with exactly the same setup. Cassette adapter permanently loaded into the head; there is even room for your player in the oddments compartment.

The nice thing is that the volume through the cassette adapter is controlled from the handlebars - plus, it is also adjusted by vehicle speed.

So, just get a $15 cassette adapter and have fun.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts