BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a part kit or do all of the items need to be ordered separately? Any idea of the cost or other recommendations in stead of the BMW product. I'm going to use it to plug into the Midland portable.

·
Premium Member
4,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks - looks like an inexpensive BMW part. ($217.95)

·
Registered
509 Posts
Indeed it is [expensive] for what you get.
You can save 20% if you order it from Chicago BMW.

I got mine used from a friend who installed the antenna and the BMW CB Communicator. He didn't like the setup, and instead opted to go with GMRS radios instead. So, he sold it to me. I then resold the CB since it wasn't compatible with my model year, and I didn't want to mess with it's internal wiring to make it.

As for the antenna, you may have seen a previous post of mine, mentioning that it wasn't long enough (according to my SWR measurements) and I was getting some squeal on transmit. So, at the advice of another clever forum member, I ended up getting a replacement antenna mast (meant for a Wilson 2000 antenna, and comes with the cap already on it) for $12 at a local truck stop that sells CB parts and does CB repair. Considering this (if you can get a mast locally), you might want to see what the individual parts cost (parts 2 through 9 on the diagram is all you'll need). Might save some money, as I'm sure BMW charges alot more than $12 for the mast (10) and cap (11).

By the way, I have the J&M handebar mount CB radio (JM-2003-SL) wired into my Baehr intercom system. What kind of CB are you installing?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts