BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just replaced the stock '07 LT shocks with Yacugars (at 30,870 miles). Many of you have replaced the springs with HyperPros, leaving the shocks alone. Is there a market for used shocks? The stock ones were still reasonably good, but a set of new springs would/could have sufficed. I'm happy with the 50 miles I put on the new ones, as the bike seems to track truer on rain grooves and freeway tar seams. I really couldn't put the bike through the paces as I had a new Bridgestone put on at the same time, so it wasn't ready for prime time yet. :confused:

·
Enjoy The Ride
3,989 Posts
Some keep the BMW shocks for when you have to get the aftermarket shocks rebuilt.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Hi,
GJPinAU had his original rebuilt by a local guy at what seems to be reasonable cost. Greg claims that it is working fine. (Chime in if you want Greg)

It was far more cost friendly then the full Wilbers fit that I did. I am happy with my upgrade, but that is not to say that Greg's option was equal.

Brian,

·
Registered
199 Posts
Hi,
GJPinAU had his original rebuilt by a local guy at what seems to be reasonable cost. Greg claims that it is working fine. (Chime in if you want Greg)

It was far more cost friendly then the full Wilbers fit that I did. I am happy with my upgrade, but that is not to say that Greg's option was equal.

Brian,
Mate, your old shock is working so well :yeah:
I now have my old shock in my shed waiting for someone needing Sean to do his magic. Oh yeah, many thanks to Phil Ward :toast:

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Some keep the BMW shocks for when you have to get the aftermarket shocks rebuilt.
I don't know if I would be worth it to me to have to uninstall and reinstall the old shocks while the aftermarket ones are being rebuilt, and then have to do it over again, once the rebuilt ones are ready for reinstallation.

e-Bay has a bunch of OEM LT shocks on sale (one guy even wants over $200 for a used rear shock!). I was either going to dump them or offer them for real cheap, plus shipping. Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts