BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to replace my throttle grip on 02 LT and ordered and set of Chinese knockoffs from Ebay. I replaced the throttle side OK but the other grip opening is much smaller and I was thinking that both sides were the same. I hate to cut the clutch side off and find that I do not have a replacement on hand. I am thinking that I will have to order another set. Help please.
Thanks, Leon

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
you could have put grip puppies over the top of the originals, the heat still comes through the feel is a bit fatter but doesn't take long to get used to... sorry cant help you with the size

·
Registered
31 Posts
I saw this post on YouTube

"Kuryakyn does not have a fitment kit for BMW Motorcycles. My bike is a 2000 K1200LT. So I special ordered 1" inner diameter ISO Grips which is the 6240 Left grip only and installed over my OEM Heated grips. Black ISO Grips are also available 6340. Any input or "constructive" criticism is welcome. Just trying to help."

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I saw this post on YouTube

"Kuryakyn does not have a fitment kit for BMW Motorcycles. My bike is a 2000 K1200LT. So I special ordered 1" inner diameter ISO Grips which is the 6240 Left grip only and installed over my OEM Heated grips. Black ISO Grips are also available 6340. Any input or "constructive" criticism is welcome. Just trying to help."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4-bJYO_aEU
Thanks for your help. I am confused about the 1" inside diameter. I have measured the grip that I removed from the throttle grip and it is 7/8". I think what you are saying is that both clutch side and throttle is the same size. The new grip that I put on was a 7/8" grip. My LT is a 02. Also just curious does the heated grips work with the grips you installed?
Leon

1 - 4 of 4 Posts