BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen a 2nd hand K1200lt GPS syetem for sale - are they any good? The CDs with it are 2003, can they be upgraded?

·
IBR# 366
16,563 Posts
Hi c00k1e,

I noticed that you're in the UK. In the past, BMW offered different GPS systems in Europe than in the States. Are you looking at this model:

or this one:

or this one:

or even this one:

If we can narrow it down, then we can give you more info.

·
IBR# 366
16,563 Posts
c00k1e,

These originally sold for over £1000, so if it is a complete, working system then it is well worth £100. Here is a pic of the full setup, including the screen and GPS computer:

The Map CDs are made by NavTeq, and you can get updates for the Euro maps here. Note that BMW used the same navigation computer in several of their cars, so you can always find newer map data based on a 3-Series BMW. I'm still using the 2003 map set here in the States and don't have too many issues with it.

There were also several threads on the old site that may give you more useful info. Look here, here, here, and here. And let me know if you have any more questions after that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
K1200lt Gps

Did a 10,000+ mile US cross-country trip on a new 2005 with the Navigator II GPS - fabulous, rural and city, and reasonably good in Canada too. Since I've now got the 2005 Nav II, I don't need a Garmin 276C I bought before getting the bike. It's never been mounted on a bike or in a car. Just turned it on to make certain it was working so it's barely out of the box. I've downloaded all the latest software for it and I also have the Garmin power/audio cable for bike installation. Garmin includes a mounting bracket with it, but probably need something like a Ram mount for a bike. You'll see an advertisement for this package in the next BMW Owners' News. I'm asking $670.

·
IBR# 366
16,563 Posts
Hi Danos,

No, the GPS unit pictured above does not play music CDs. I use an iPod for music on my LT.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts