BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
in 3 RD gear OK?

Seriously, I am trying to find the "feel" of the motor, and in a 40 MPH Zone this works for me,

I watched my Computer on a "spirited" ride tonight I went up to 41 MPG from 38.9 MPG, on the Computer. I was running higher revs the whole 50 miles or so, twisties with some cool down running. Or is the compter that slow?

I was told to run it and "DO NOT LUG" it, ride it as you are going too.

I have done all I can in good conscious, listening to the motor, riding it like I am going to ride it, watched ALL fluids like a Hawk. The oil has moved such a tiny fraction that I don't want to add any to the 1000 mile checkup. :bmw:

Only issue I have is start, from dead stop.

I cant get it enough gas, fast enough yet, or that is what it seems like to me, and I sometimes get a slight ping. Not the gas as it is 93. Not sure what part I cant get yet, or what "block" is there, but it is getting better, and I know when I get it right, as it is smooth. :eek:

SWEET running bike, and the more I ride it, the better it gets. I am so impressed, I DO NOT want to hurt it however. :eek:

BUT, I have found 5500-6500 RPM, and that power band is PHENOMENAL, compared from my past 10-15 years of riding :D

MPG went up, in the (to me) higher RPM range, and it did not sound like I was hurting it even a bit.

I have ridden, and driven a few motors in my day, and it seems this thing wants run. Should I continue on the way I am :confused:

Thanks,

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
You can't hurt it.

Contrary to 99% of the the negative naysaying naybob's that post here just ride it hard, fast and often.

You'll get used to the weight in a hurry, and the next time you're in a driving rainstorm with 35 mph cross winds you'll know you made the right decision...

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,601 Posts
RonKMiller said:
You can't hurt it.

Contrary to 99% of the the negative naysaying naybob's that post here just ride it hard, fast and often.

You'll get used to the weight in a hurry, and the next time you're in a driving rainstorm with 35 mph cross winds you'll know you made the right decision...
You got that right Ron I was riding home from Grifs today , hit a rainstorm 6 or 7 miles from home . I stayed dry till I had to stop for a red light.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts