BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finished my first Iron Butt 1000 and 1500 on Sunday. The bike was flawless. Averaged 47 mpg with speed between 75 and 90. Averaged 74 mph the first 10 hours. Boy do I love this bike.

·
Human Behaviour Analyst
267 Posts
Whoa !! :wow: Congratulations!
That's some mileage .......
Bet you're standing as you type your posts this evening :compute:
Seriously though ... well done !!
Keir

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,158 Posts
cfell said:
Are you sure it was an LT? These things are so unreliable!

Oh, I did 500 on Friday, then 500 on Sunday this past weekend...
Sorry buddy, you can't add them up that way!:rolleyes:
So Chan, where did you go?

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Congrats!. Last long trip I did last summer I rode home from Uray Colorado about 900miles it took about 15hrs. When I got home and was in the garage I thought, why didn't i just ride down the freeway 50 mi and back and then have done the 1K but thought of my own bed overpowered me. I don't think a 1k day on a properly equiped bike and rider is a big deal now.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Congrats! A buddy of mine is trying to talk me into a Border to Border (Mexico to Canada).

·
Registered
321 Posts
Congratulations!!! The Iron Butt Lic Bracket looks very good on a LT.

Someday I will to the coast to coast..

Jeff

·
Registered
385 Posts
BMWWANDRR said:
Finished my first Iron Butt 1000 and 1500 on Sunday. The bike was flawless. Averaged 47 mpg with speed between 75 and 90. Averaged 74 mph the first 10 hours. Boy do I love this bike.
Congratulations on your ride! Well done!

·
Premium Member
1,561 Posts
Good on ya' Greg.
Karen and I are doing the Iron Butt National Parks tour this summer with a visit to our respective families thrown in...........( about 2 months in the saddle and 12,000 miles)

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
justlookin said:
Congratulations!!! The Iron Butt Lic Bracket looks very good on a LT.

Someday I will to the coast to coast..

Jeff
+1 for both of those.

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Congradulations and you are correct the LT is an awsome bike for the long haul.

Four of us did the 1000 and 1500 last Summer. South Carolina Coast to Tucumcari,NM. Then did the Four Corners. 4,980 miles in 9 days. One of the best trips ever. The Dakotas are scheduled for this Summer.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Re: Four corners

GBaker said:
... Then did the Four Corners. 4,980 miles in 9 days. One of the best trips ever....
How did you do the four corners tour without hitting Washington & Maine?, (just lookin' at your map :))

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
Four Corners is also at the intersection of CO, NM, AZ, UT

·
Registered
703 Posts
alabrew said:
Four Corners is also at the intersection of CO, NM, AZ, UT
No shit? Really?

I thought we were talking about organized rides that had certain requirements, not just destinations, (I do the ride to 4 corners for lunch!)

GB

·
Registered
495 Posts
How about Eli Nevada to Seattle with little or no freeway in August in 17 hours and some change.

I have never been nor will ever be that hot again!!!

The best part of the ride was cooling off at night from Pendleton to Seattle. Kind of a second wind and luckily no deer, well that got close anyway!!

Later All

Steve A

1 - 16 of 16 Posts