BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally received my Iron Butt certificate for our In state SS1000 ride last July. I was beginning to wonder if it was ever going to get approved. I have to give Props to Phil Sweeny's buddy who made the ride with us on a Sport Bike :eek:

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
WPNorton said:
Finally received my Iron Butt certificate for our In state SS1000 ride last July.
Congratulations on the ride and welcome to the insane asylum (aka: IBA).

Cheers!

·
Registered
688 Posts
IB Certificate

Congrats. I am still waiting for mine completed in July. The check for the goodies was recently cashed, so the certs must be getting close now. They told me they had some turnover in the personnel who verify the documentation and training takes some time for the newbies to become effective. They did not want to degrade the process and thereby the meaning of the certificates.

I like that.

Ultra LT

Riding is life. All else is just waiting.

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
Congrats Wayne........

Now your officially certifiable!

·
Rider Journeyman
2,015 Posts
Congratulations, Wayne!

Howdy Wayne,

Congratulations on the accomplishment :thumb:

Be honest now, with the other guy doing it on a Sport Bike, it does sort of feel like cheating doing it on an LT, right? ;)

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
WPNorton said:
Finally received my Iron Butt certificate for our In state SS1000 ride last July. I was beginning to wonder if it was ever going to get approved.
I did one in June and sent in the paperwork in July. No cashed check yet but I did receive an E-mail from Michael Kneebone saying that they are running behind on the process. That came in January so mine might be close.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BillyOmaha said:
Howdy Wayne,

Congratulations on the accomplishment :thumb:

Be honest now, with the other guy doing it on a Sport Bike, it does sort of feel like cheating doing it on an LT, right? ;)

I didn't feel guilty until around the 600 mile mark. I kept waiting for him to throw in the towel. I figure I'll need to do it on a moped next time just to get a little respect back! In my defense, it wasn't all a bed of roses, the XM started to get a little staticy towards the end. That was really...really difficult to endure! :p

·
BMW Guru
8,469 Posts
WPNorton said:
In my defense, it wasn't all a bed of roses, the XM started to get a little staticy towards the end. That was really...really difficult to endure! :p
Cry me a river:eek:

:histerica:rotf:

·
Banned
144 Posts
Iron Butt

Congrats Wayne!

Lets try the Border to border next....Mexico to Canada in less than 24 hours! what do you think? You up for it?

By the way, I am still waiting for my certification from the same ride. How did they get yours done and not mine?

You must live under a lucky star.

Phil

·
Registered
243 Posts
I did the Bun Burner 1500/36 in earlier October 06 and just saw that my check was deposited on Thursday this week. I assume that is an indication that I will hear from them soon.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Congrats, Wayne, sorry to hear about the XM. Must have been horrible! Glad you made it through.

I'm looking forward to doing the SS1000 with a few friends on March 23rd.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey Phil, If you can plan as nice a route as the last one, I'm in for a border to border ride! The trick to getting a certificate back so quick was to substitute $20 bills for gas receipts. Worked like a champ.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts