BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I have a 2007 RT and have been reading through forums on this but am still a little unclear. What I am looking to do it connect and Ipod touch or my Iphone and have full use through the BMW controls. Rather than have the sound going through the speakers I plan [if possible] to set the speakers to rear and connect to the output behind the dash to allow my Schubeth C3 to receive the music.

I am confused about using the DICE system or there seems to be a BMW interface as listed below but also there seems to be a lead from BMW which according to my local dealer does the same thing but he could not identify the parts number?

- Connects2 kit CTABMIPOD007 for around $250. (Not sold in the USA)
- DICE iPod Integration Kit for BMW i-BMW-T $159.99
- BMW USA Spec iPod adapter PA10BMW $119.95
- BMW iPod adapter 65110392133 $134.95

Having selected one of the above is it simply a case of adding the 83300413584 and connecting to the rear speaker output and fitting a male jack to receive the female lead from the C3?

Thanks in advance

Nick

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I should have added that it is important to me that whatever system I use charges the Ipod. I have a connects2 system in my car and it works with my Nano fine but wont charge the Touch.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Finally is there any system which does display on the RT information panel the same info as on the Ipod screen?

·
Registered
820 Posts
Nick--are you making this more complicated that necessary to acheive what you really want? Why not forget the BMW system? I run my iPhone and GPS to my helmet using a Camos system. It was a bit hard to install in the Schuberth but I found a couple of online sites with instructions. I canged this year from a Schuberth to a Shark Evoline helmet and installing the Camos in it was simple. I tried Scala and another system that I cannot recall and the Camos has the best sound. Since quality of sound is what it is all about, consider forgetting about the BMW system and send your iPhone or iPod directly to your helmet via the Camos? You will have better quality sound and the better quality of sound you have the lower volume is required so safety is increased with better quality plus based on the prices you are suggesting, you will save money with the Camos.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Camos,

I did think about doing it this way. At present I listen to my ipod connected directly to the C3 using the Schuberth SRC system. While it works fine I cannot select the tracks and if the helmet speakers ever run low on battery I could then listen to it through the Radio / CD speakers directly. Also wanted to keep the Ipod charged using the bike rather than having to keep remembering to do it.

Thanks

Nick

1 - 5 of 5 Posts