BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my second 2009 LT now and besides believing that this is the best bike for me I have an audio problem.

I am dying for a way to get an MP3 player thru the audio system. Neither system had a CD changer in the saddle bag.

On my previous I installed the aux adapter and the volume was too low to be usable and my current LT I has an aux adapter albeit it is different from my older one, but the volume is equally unusable.

I have read every thread under the MP3 section and ever other thread I could find.

I am dying for a solution for my '09.

I hope this thread stays here for some time until we get a definitive answer

Ps I do have a schuberth and the bluetooth system, but I really want/need the audio thru the speakers.

Thanks

Paul

·
Registered
729 Posts
I use an Ipod in the aux port on my 08 LT and it works great, just be sure to increase the volume on the Ipod after turning it on.
HTH

I turn the radio on first and set the volume to a comfortable level then switch over to the Ipod and adjust the Ipod volume to match. I can then increase or decrease the volume using the factory control.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
New2rt said:
I use an Ipod in the aux port on my 08 LT and it works great, just be sure to increase the volume on the Ipod after turning it on.
HTH

I turn the radio on first and set the volume to a comfortable level then switch over to the Ipod and adjust the Ipod volume to match. I can then increase or decrease the volume using the factory control.

I tried this on both LTs and neither produced enough volume at highway speeds. W

·
Registered
729 Posts
I'm using helmet speakers for the audio not the external, maybe that's the difference.
I can get enough volume to damage my hearing at any speed.
I don't know why it's not working on your bike.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
New2rt said:
I'm using helmet speakers for the audio not the external, maybe that's the difference.
I can get enough volume to damage my hearing at any speed.
I don't know why it's not working on your bike.

Do yu have a comm system?

I do not have a comm system.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I use a FM transmitter for my mp3 playback. I plug the transmitter into the headphone jack and tune the radio into the frequency that matches the frequency on the transmitter. Simple, and effective. The transmitter is programmable to several different frequencies, so you just set it at an empty frequency in your area. I bought mine from Wally World for about $10-15. It uses 2 AAA batteries and last for weeks on a pair.

·
Registered
876 Posts
I must be lucky, I own a Garmin Nuvi 300 which is now 5 years old and I updated the maps in 2010 but the benefit of this unit is it has an MP3 player built in. I plug it into the AUX jack by male to male 3.5 mm cable, set the volume to about 90% and she's all good. The Nuvi fits easily into the oddments compartment when not using it for GPS and when I am using it the route info comes in over the top of the music. Can't control anything from the handle bar switch except volume though, but it works very well, nice quality sound. The output signal is obviously stronger than my daughter's ipod, which I tried and was far too quiet. I think the ipod needs a small amp between it and the aux jack. Look for a GPS unit with an MP3 player, possibly a bit rare these days.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts